Ocean City Md Hotels

tipsymcgee

Carousel is a good family hotel, has an inside ice skating rink for kids and families. But if you're planning summer family vacation, Carousel is up north and you may want to be closer to boardwalk if u have kids. Maryland.com has a ocean city forum and hotel reviews.

asaberan

I've stayed in The Carousel more times than I can count. My honest opinion is that it is too expensive for an aging hotel. The condos up top are extremely nice (but $$$--on the order of $2k/week in peak season) and I actually prefer it's location up north as opposed to the riff raff down south near or on the boardwalk. There are mostly families in the 100 streets and above and the beach is not like an ashtray, and usually has more room.

Obviously, all of Ocean City is expensive, but The Carousel is something like $250 for a 1 bedroom type room and I would best rate it's accommodations at 2 stars. The lobby is nice, and the indoor/outdoor pools are good (the tiki bar food is actually pretty good), but the rooms aren't great. Also, the elevator situation is a nightmare in the morning/afternoon. Expect to wait 15 minutes for an elevator on many occasions if you don't get a room that overlooks the atrium/ice rink.

We now rent condos from private owners that are in the $150/night range. Although these are two star accommodations at best as well and only have an outdoor pool, they are larger (2+ bedrooms) and better bang for your buck. There are various sites on the net that you can find these condos for rent.

millertc

For 3-4 day stays we have stayed at Tidelands Caribbean on 5th Street. It was clean and affordable. Also, the Breakers is nice on 3rd Street. We have kids (ages 6 and 7). It is nice to be on the Boardwalk. Also, we rent condos from private owners (like asaberan mentions above). For the past 3 years, we have rented in High Point North for our weekly stays.

Ocean City, Maryland Hotels - Tidelands Caribbean Oceanfront Hotel on the Boardwalk

Ocean City, Maryland Oceanfront Hotels -- Breakers Hotel - Boardwalk Hotels

Vacation rentals in Ocean City, MD, Bethany Beach, DE, Ocean Pines, MD - Coldwell Banker Vacations

Otter

Nothing to see here
My honest opinion is that it is too expensive for an aging hotel.

:lol: Another tread that makes me feel old, worked for one of the contractors that built the Carousel, delivered material down there many times during construction.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
For 3-4 day stays we have stayed at Tidelands Caribbean on 5th Street. It was clean and affordable. Also, the Breakers is nice on 3rd Street. We have kids (ages 6 and 7). It is nice to be on the Boardwalk. Also, we rent condos from private owners (like asaberan mentions above). For the past 3 years, we have rented in High Point North for our weekly stays.

I've stayed at both the Tidelands and Breakers many times. They are both pretty nice. I prefer the Breakers though. I like staying at that end of OC. That way I'm close to the rides and games for my kids. And they love the arcades too.

DebBVSF

Any recommendations for hotels/sightseeing in Ocean City MD? Any reviews for the Carousal. TIA for the help.

Grand Hotel, on 21st Street and the boardwalk. It's the end of the boardwalk - killer views of everything. Family oriented and a pool on the roof! Haven't been there in a few years, but it's the one we always pick when we do go.

OldHillcrestGuy

I've stayed at both the Tidelands and Breakers many times. They are both pretty nice. I prefer the Breakers though. I like staying at that end of OC. That way I'm close to the rides and games for my kids. And they love the arcades too.

I stayed at the Breakers for years, loved the old building, Ive only stayed at the Breakers in the new building a couple of times. Got to know alot of the family that owns the place. When they built the new building the owner said she was going to keep it affordable for families. Maybe the first year or two she did but then the price went up as fast as the gas is.
They own all the Dough Rollers, have the Rita's franchise for OC, and own a couple of minature golf courses.