Ice Cream Truck

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
It came through the neighborhood tonight. :yahoo:

My kids and I have so many fond memories of when they where 2 to 5 years old in our old neighborhood with the ice cream truck. It was such a treat for them. I have lived more rural since 2004 and alas the ice cream truck does not visit here instead we make the trip to the store. I will never forget the excitement when they would here that silly song playing on warm day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ice Cream Man rolls through here every day. Sometimes I chase him down and get a red white and blue bombpop. :jet:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Ice Cream Man rolls through here every day. Sometimes I chase him down and get a red white and blue bombpop. :jet:

:yay:

The truck passed by for the first time this year and I had to call Dutch. He then stopped at Bruster's on his way home from a lacrosse game. I wasn't going to chase the truck down. This is the reason we have kids and hoard change.

This weekend and following week I will have an evil partner to garner some goodies.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I want a creamsickle...I think that's what they were called. The orange sherbet and vanilla on a stick.

I would also love to have the 14 year old body I used to have when I would chase after the truck.

Taeobi

I remember when it was a bell and then it switched to an annoying song my daughter on her keyboard when she was little.

They never come to where I live now... I might have to chase one down soon.

Vince

That's why I go to the gym every day - so I can chase the ice cream truck.
Yep, I have the picture of a warm sunny day and the ice cream truck rolling slowly down the street with all the little kids running after it. And then he hits the gas pedal to watch the little basturds run somemore. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
The ice cream truck came a few weeks ago. We were headed out somewhere and saw her a few streets over. We figured we wouldn't make it back in time before she hit our street. Much to our surprise, she came back just for us!! She knows she has an easy sale at our house so when she saw that we didn't come out when she went by the first time, she came back at the end of her route to see if we were home. :yahoo:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'm old enough to remember bells.

I'll one better then you, not only bells but competition. We had a couple of different trucks that would come thru the neighborhood almost every day during the summer.

You had your Goiod Humor mad, basically a freezer box on wheels and then the guys that scooped ice cream as well as other frozen treats.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Yep, Im a old guy I allso remember the bells, was a open cab truck that the Good Humor man had, he'd let us jump up front and ring the bells. He use to dress in white shirt and pants.

Same here! Ours was a black guy named Chuck who would park his truck at the end of our street and sit and talk to the group of us for what seemed liked hours. He was a cool dude -- and probably their top salesman! Good times.

dontknowwhy

we had a creepy ice cream man in a creepy colored truck...he played fleur de lis for the music...but he carried liquor & cigarettes for the adults so kids were never alone around him

dontknowwhy

Yep, Im a old guy I allso remember the bells, was a open cab truck that the Good Humor man had, he'd let us jump up front and ring the bells. He use to dress in white shirt and pants.

ours dressed like a las vegas show girl...really creepy dude, he was