Warning..

Loper

Animal Poor!
Dude tried to come up to the door, until one of the dogs let loose, then all 5 dogs came running and let him know he was not welcome. He was an older white guy, he stopped about 100 feet off the door when the dogs sounded off. I came to the door and he flailed about saying " don't let them loose on me" and he didn't want me to open the door for fear that my dogs would come out at him. Me, knowing my dogs wouldn't bolt (even though they didn't like this guy), I opened the door and walked out. He said to me that "He and Dave from the neighborhood needed some work and would be happy to scrub my house. That they had done at least 8 houses in the neighborhood" I told him "no thank you" with my beasts looking on and he was worried about me "loosing my beasts", he again said "don't loose them on me" and then asked me if I had any puppies? :confused: He got into an older white/primer gray van and left.

My sheppard mix hates cats but not people. Yet, she wanted to rip this guys head off and never acts that way towards people, and when the rest of the pack answered the same way I was wary. My dogs are AWESOME!!!!!!!!:buddies:

Taeobi

Dude tried to come up to the door, until one of the dogs let loose, then all 5 dogs came running and let him know he was not welcome. He was an older white guy, he stopped about 100 feet off the door when the dogs sounded off. I came to the door and he flailed about saying " don't let them loose on me" and he didn't want me to open the door for fear that my dogs would come out at him. Me, knowing my dogs wouldn't bolt (even though they didn't like this guy), I opened the door and walked out. He said to me that "He and Dave from the neighborhood needed some work and would be happy to scrub my house. That they had done at least 8 houses in the neighborhood" I told him "no thank you" with my beasts looking on and he was worried about me "loosing my beasts", he again said "don't loose them on me" and then asked me if I had any puppies? :confused: He got into an older white/primer gray van and left.

My sheppard mix hates cats but not people. Yet, she wanted to rip this guys head off and never acts that way towards people, and when the rest of the pack answered the same way I was wary. My dogs are AWESOME!!!!!!!!:buddies:

Sheisty....

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Maybe he will approach Clem's house and get recorded, then we can see video of him 'flailing about'. :lol:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Maybe he will approach Clem's house and get recorded, then we can see video of him 'flailing about'. :lol:

somehow my interpretation of the dude flailing around and how clem would work into this doesn't work... please leave him out of this.. :buddies:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
somehow my interpretation of the dude flailing around and how clem would work into this doesn't work... please leave him out of this.. :buddies:

I would of released my boxers! No second chances! One word, Sasha! You only have so many choices in life! :howdy: buhbye!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
somehow my interpretation of the dude flailing around and how clem would work into this doesn't work... please leave him out of this..
You made this character sound like a hapless oaf, and we know that is true of whatshisname - seemed like a good pairing to me. Did you give the doggies some extra treats for their good behavior?

Real quick, in what neighborhood did this encounter occur? I live in Greenbrier for what it's worth. One look at my dog would make him veeery cautious about approaching the house.

Last edited:

foosballpaul

All you people who have dogs and think maybe it's o.k. to let them loose on someone may want to think twice about it. My neighbor is in court today just because he threatened to let his dogs loose on someone on his property. An assault charge was filed against him. He is a great guy and good neighbor and I hope nothing negative happens in court.

musiclady

All you people who have dogs and think maybe it's o.k. to let them loose on someone may want to think twice about it. My neighbor is in court today just because he threatened to let his dogs loose on someone on his property. An assault charge was filed against him. He is a great guy and good neighbor and I hope nothing negative happens in court.

I'd like to know the outcome of this. How is it assault to imply a threat? Assault is actually touching the person. I used to think it was actually "bodily harm" until my daughter's ex put a hand on a cop while talking to him and got a year in juvi. Didn't hurt him and didn't imply he was going to. And that's what the dogs are there for - to protect.

thalor

I'd like to know the outcome of this. How is it assault to imply a threat? Assault is actually touching the person. I used to think it was actually "bodily harm" until my daughter's ex put a hand on a cop while talking to him and got a year in juvi. Didn't hurt him and didn't imply he was going to. And that's what the dogs are there for - to protect.

For those interested....

What is Assault under Maryland Law?

Assault is the attempted touching of another person, without that person’s consent, and includes the act of placing someone in fear of an intentional touching. Battery is the unlawful and offensive touching of another person without that person’s consent.

According to Maryland Assault Laws - MD Assault Penalties - Maryland Assault Defense Lawyer and several other sites....

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault+and+Battery has a very comprehensive definition of it and the difference between assault and battery.

frequentflier

happy to be living

So, in that vein, if someone is on to my property and I have a gun in my hand and tell them I am going to shoot them if they come any further, I can get charged with assault?
That is f'd up.

thalor

So, in that vein, if someone is on to my property and I have a gun in my hand and tell them I am going to shoot them if they come any further, I can get charged with assault?
That is f'd up.

Not sure if Maryland is one of those states that allows you to harm someone who has come uninvited to your property, but unless YOU feel threatened (i.e. they have a gun too) and you threaten to shoot someone, by the way the law is written, you have just assaulted someone.

party301

i'll think of one.....
you only get to shoot them if they enter your house, not your yard. so make sure you invite them inside first.

Loper

Animal Poor!
You made this character sound like a hapless oaf, and we know that is true of whatshisname - seemed like a good pairing to me. Did you give the doggies some extra treats for their good behavior?

I did give them extra treats.. :buddies: When reading this last night, it sounded like you wanted to make it another about Clem thread, now I realize you were not doing that.. :buddies:

LadyCoyote

I think dogs can be very good judges of character....they didn't sense the "all okay" with the dude for some reason. Dogs are awesome! Hope those pups got some good belly rubs and some Scooby Snax!

Loper

Animal Poor!
Just FYI.. I never threatened to let my dogs loose.. he assumed they would bolt out the door if I opened it. I knew they wouldn't because they are trained not to. Had he made any type of aggressive move towards me, I would have given a signal and they probably would have crashed through the door. :buddies: For the record, my dogs are all people friendly, this guy just seemed to set them off for whatever reason. I have had dogs long enough to know and in different situations to trust their judgement of a person or situation, I believe that trust has saved me in a couple different instances. The original post was for peeps to be on the look-out for said person just in case he wasn't on the level. :howdy:

Loper

Animal Poor!
I think dogs can be very good judges of character....they didn't sense the "all okay" with the dude for some reason. Dogs are awesome! Hope those pups got some good belly rubs and some Scooby Snax!

I agree and know first hand how true it is!! They got extra treats and belly rubs for being so awesome!! :buddies:

bullet

We live in Town Creek and one of our neighbors had a break in this past Sunday. Been here many years and this is a first. All neighbors are being very cautious now.