Atkins was a fraud!!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
They are saying that he put on the weight after coming into the hopital in a coma. It certainly wasn't from anything he willingly did or that can be associated with his diet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
His doctors said he got edema and blew up like a balloon. He didn't go into the hospital like that.

This entire "controversy" is BULL!!!

I'm not necessarily a fan of the Atkins plan, but I DO have to question the fact that:

The group that released the information is known to promote vegetarianism.

They SOMEHOW got ahold of his confidential medical information.

He's DEAD. Can't they let him rest in peace?

SamSpade

Methinks someone was watching Neil Cavuto - from his site:

I think it's time to update you on a few key facts on this Atkins situation.

Update 1: He's dead. He can't defend himself.

Update 2: His medical records were made public. How would you like that to happen to you, or a loved one?

Update 3: The people who revealed those records were a group called the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.

Update 4: That group advocates vegetarianism and is among the Atkins diet's biggest critics.

Update 5: They seem to have an axe to grind.

Update 6: They seem to be selective when they grind that ax.

Update 7: Atkins was not, and I repeat was not, obese at the end of his life. According to a hospital record obtained by USA Today, the good doctor was all of 195 pounds when he was admitted to a hospital after a fall on April 8, 2003.

Update 8: He lapsed into a coma and died nine days later. No one, and I repeat no one, knows for sure how much weight he gained with water retention while he was comatose. But clearly, it wasn't the fault of a guy downing ring-dings. For god's sake, he was dying!

Update 9: Dr. Atkins had cardiomyopathy that resulted from a viral infection, not his diet.

Update 10: I had a chance to see Dr. Atkins several times over the last few years. He always seemed in pretty good shape to me. And why wouldn't he be? He was the face of a diet revolution for more than 40 years! You don't stay on message if you're not staying in shape. And Atkins did and was.

They say dead men tell no tales. I just pity the fact this dead man can't tell his critics where to get off.

Let them eat their vegetables. But for god's sake, let this man rest in peace.