No sized clippers in SOMD?

Coaster

Why is it that barbers in this area do not used 'sized' clippers? If you ask for a #6 on the back and sides all you get is "we don't do that, we do it by hand". Is there some sort of license for using sized clippers?
The best cut I've gotten in this area was 'bad'. It goes downhill from there.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Why is it that barbers in this area do not used 'sized' clippers? If you ask for a #6 on the back and sides all you get is "we don't do that, we do it by hand". Is there some sort of license for using sized clippers?
I think Toby's uses numbers

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

Just go buy you own sized clippers and bring them with you for the barber to use.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Look who has crawled out from under his rock :huggy:

glhs837

Power with Control
I believe they do as well - I heard they even use the straight razor. :faint:

Anyhow - OP try Toby's Barber Shop instead of a hair salon.

Yep, sure do on both counts. I get a #1 all around:) The barbershop on base will also.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists

They still use the number system at the NEX onbase.

I heard they even use the straight razor. :faint:

But they quite using striaght razor's a long time ago thank goodness :yay:

party301

i'll think of one.....

every barber shop i've been to down here sized clippers if asked. most do stuff free hand but if you say, shave it with a #2 they will.

lovinmaryland

I just took all of my boys to Studio 5 in Loveville. They did a FANTASTIC job. They do #'s there because she asked me what # I wanted their hair cut on the sides and I had no clue, never been asked that :lol:

Coaster

Thanks, I'll give that place some business.
Spent enough time in SoCal to get spoiled by all of the great barber shops.

Roxie04

I use numbers 6 down to a 00000 on my clients................

BOP

Welcome to Southern Maryland; a place where quality work and pride of craftsmanship aren't even a vague memory - more like ancient history.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
I bought my own Oster's to use for my husband and boys-
I normally tighten them up with a 3.5 on top, fade to a 1 and 000 up the back and sides.

Most places will do #'s all you have to do is ask.

JLS

Have u tried Klassic Klippers on Rte 235?? Next to Happy Happy's old place?? Also I know the girls at Unique Chic in town use the #'s.. or they did...

Floyd2004

-Void-
I was just at Tobys yesterday.
They use numbers and I also got a shave around the hair line to clean it up also.
FYI they ONLY take cash there now.