Peeve of the Day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you ever notice that if two women are dining together, the waitperson almost always asks if they want separate checks. But if a man and a woman are dining together, they never do. Then they bring the check and automatically place it next to the man.

I don't like that. If I'm having dinner with a male friend, we may or may not split the check. Or either one of us could be paying for the other. Hell, even if I'm on a date the check could go either way - this isn't the '50s.

If I'm treating my friend, it annoys me to have to reach over and grab the check. This is just pure sexism and discrimination, because men NEVER have to reach over and grab the check.

:mad:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Did you ever notice that if two women are dining together, the waitperson almost always asks if they want separate checks. But if a man and a woman are dining together, they never do. Then they bring the check and automatically place it next to the man.

I don't like that. If I'm having dinner with a male friend, we may or may not split the check. Or either one of us could be paying for the other. Hell, even if I'm on a date the check could go either way - this isn't the '50s.

If I'm treating my friend, it annoys me to have to reach over and grab the check. This is just pure sexism and discrimination, because men NEVER have to reach over and grab the check.

Nope. Never noticed.

Nope, I'm usually gone by the time the check arrives.:biggrin:

LadyCoyote

Had lunch w/ hubby last week, and waitress asked us right off the bat, if it was separate checks. :shrug:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

Hey, let's have lunch tomorrow. :biggrin:

LadyCoyote

Well like Otter said, either your hubby looks like a wimmins or you look like a man b/c waitresses only asks 2 wimmins or 2 men if there will be separate checks. :shrug:

Wow, that was quite the explanation. A diagram woulda been helpful. :sarcasm: