Rt 235

tater

Anybody know why exactly the ripped up the perfectly good road 235N above Rt.4 ? Just curious if I missed something. Are they widening it or are the they just trying to use up some extra tax dollars??

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think it was because we have so many auto stores, they're drumming up business for them!

Finish the REST of 235 first, bozos! :burning:

tater

Originally posted by jazz lady
I think it was because we have so many auto stores, they're drumming up business for them!

Finish the REST of 235 first, bozos! :burning:

My sentiments exactly!!! That's what I thought. Thanks. :wink:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by tater
Anybody know why exactly the ripped up the perfectly good road 235N above Rt.4 ? Just curious if I missed something. Are they widening it or are the they just trying to use up some extra tax dollars??

was thinkin the same thing...

use or lose the tax

they are resurfacing 235 between 4 and 245 along with some other bs cosmetic items, still can't help but wonder why.....just remember this stuff come election time, I personally would like to see them lower our county tax to 2%, with all the new jobs here, they have gotta have way too much money to play with:burning:

tater

Oh, one more thing. I don't know how many people this affects, but trying to leave the base, go North on 235, and turn left at the light at Chancellor's Run, is absolute craziness. The light stays green for about...ohhh....5 seconds. Lucky to get three cars through what with all lollygaggers (the new polite terminology). The light used to stay green longer. :burning: Just wondering who I need to contact to clue them in (or kick 'em in the teeth), to get it modified a little.

SmallTown

Football season!
What is bad about the light at chancellors is that they keep changing it.. When it is a very short left turn light, it is because it doesn't get its "own turn" and only turns green at the tail end of the straight lane's green light. Seems like every few weeks, it will change and once again get its "own turn" in the cycle and will last a lot longer. I have no idea what they are doing with it.. Just leave it in the latter form and be done with it! I mean, its not like it is rocket science or anything.

Doc

Originally posted by tater
go North on 235, and turn left at the light at Chancellor's Run, is absolute craziness. The light stays green for about...ohhh....5 seconds.

Do what I do--if there's more than five cars waiting to turn left, turn <i>right</i> on Chancellor's, then make a quick turn in the gas station's parking lot, and come around west on Chancellor's. Now, the left turn light will turn green, let five cars through, and then your light will turn green and you can go.

Of course, now that I've given away the <b>big secret</b>, I suppose everyone will start doing the same....

voter

you could make a left on buck-hewitt across from the new Wawa road or go straight out the gate on pegg road to chancellors

S

ShellyCW

Since you brought up the subject:
If you happen to be waiting in traffic on Chancellor's Run to get the the light at 235--- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep the intersections open! I can't count the number of times I've tried to come out of my development to turn onto Chancellor's and the bozos have me blocked in. :burning:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Route 235N Resurfacing

I know we haven't had significant rainfall in ages. But, if you drove on Route 235, from Airport Drive to St. John's Road while it was raining, you would have better luck navigating the ruts on a jetski. Both the slow lane, and the hammer lane were dangerous, and the repaving should have happened 2 years ago. Thank goodness they FINALLY got around to it!