Old Rolling Rd.

The light used to be way too short to enter 235. Now it is way too long. Even with no more cars coming it stays green for quite a while. Plus the left turn on to Shady Mile lets 2.5 cars though before going yellow. I was car 3.5 today. :lol:

BOP

The light used to be way too short to enter 235. Now it is way too long. Even with no more cars coming it stays green for quite a while. Plus the left turn on to Shady Mile lets 2.5 cars though before going yellow. I was car 3.5 today. :lol:

Just no pleasin' some people.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
A distinct possibilty, I do remember running and screaming and heat.
That was following your first sample of the Naga Viper sauce. Soon, if you do that people will think you're a wuss because the N.V. is only second hottest.

You must have been speeding! At 5:30PM today, the light for turning onto Shady Mile was green for 7 SECONDS! I was number 2 in line, and the light turned yellow before I got half way through the intersection. This is friggin' ridiculous! Maryland SHA at it's best. Time to send em' another e-mail.

Beta84

They're out to get us

yeah I noticed that over the past few days. I wonder what that's about. Shouldn't people that are somewhat competent regarding traffic flow be the ones programming these lights? :doh:

Wenchy

Hot Flash

I experienced this today. I sat at the intersection for 30 seconds after all the cars had entered/crossed 235 from Old Rolling. I was waiting to go across 235 from Shady Mile to Old Rolling. I was the only car and as soon as the light turned green I went straight. The light turned yellow mid intersection. It might have been a 5 second light. :lol:

I experienced this today. I sat at the intersection for 30 seconds after all the cars had entered/crossed 235 from Old Rolling. I was waiting to go across 235 from Shady Mile to Old Rolling. I was the only car and as soon as the light turned green I went straight. The light turned yellow mid intersection. It might have been a 5 second light. :lol:

Yep, that too. Plus it doesn't trigger if you pull up during the time it's green for Old Rolling Rd.

Ridiculous. My son wants to know what's not screwed up here. I find it difficult to answer him.

Well, if you go to the transfer station Sunday morning and want to turn left onto Shady Mile the light will change for me quickly as long as there is not traffic coming North. Lights are controlled by the Light Gods on Sunday, you see, not the state.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Well, if you go to the transfer station Sunday morning and want to turn left onto Shady Mile the light will change for me quickly as long as there is not traffic coming North. Lights are controlled by the Light Gods on Sunday, you see, not the state.

I will let you explain the rationale behind your answer in person.

You know, in the big scheme of things it really doesn't matter, as I found out this evening. Lights are to be ignored.

I was making a u-turn from 235SB to NB at Buck Hewitt. I had the green. I'm partway into the intersection and a big gray truck decides he just doesn't want to wait for the green light for the NB traffic, and just pulls into the intersection on my green light, his red light, basically aimed right at me. No one else moved except him, he's completely oblivious. I look at the lights to make sure I still had the green and I did. Pulls up alongside the car in front of me and starts up a conversation, the two of them now basically blocking 2 lanes from moving forward.

"Rules don't apply to me, I'm important!"