Need Some Help, Please...

tidefish

Hello,

I am new to this site, but I am hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. I have been active in hunting and shooting for nearly my entire life, and am currently looking to find any private landowners who may be interested in granting permission to a responsible, safety-oriented hunter for spring turkey season and fall/winter deer season in exchange for a yearly fee of up to $500 (or more depending on land acreage and hunting possibilities). Or, if anyone is aware of any local hunting clubs with private land, I would also be interested. I am a member of the several wildlife and natural resource conservation organizations, and have successfully completed numerous safety certifications through the Izaak Walton League of America, National Rifle Association, Maryland State Police, Maryland Department of Natural Resources and the American Red Cross. Safety has always been my primary concern, and I would fully respect the wishes of the landowner if given permission. No trash would be left behind, no loitering on the property, and certainly no alcohol. Most importantly, I would take full responsibility that any actions I take while on the property are strictly my own and not the fault of the landowner. If anyone would be interested, or know of anyone else who might be, I would love to hear from them. I may be reached by response to this thread, or by email at tidefish@gmail.com. Thank you for your time, and take care.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hello,

I am new to this site, but I am hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. I have been active in hunting and shooting for nearly my entire life, and am currently looking to find any private landowners who may be interested in granting permission to a responsible, safety-oriented hunter for spring turkey season and fall/winter deer season in exchange for a yearly fee of up to $500 (or more depending on land acreage and hunting possibilities). Or, if anyone is aware of any local hunting clubs with private land, I would also be interested. I am a member of the several wildlife and natural resource conservation organizations, and have successfully completed numerous safety certifications through the Izaak Walton League of America, National Rifle Association, Maryland State Police, Maryland Department of Natural Resources and the American Red Cross. Safety has always been my primary concern, and I would fully respect the wishes of the landowner if given permission. No trash would be left behind, no loitering on the property, and certainly no alcohol. Most importantly, I would take full responsibility that any actions I take while on the property are strictly my own and not the fault of the landowner. If anyone would be interested, or know of anyone else who might be, I would love to hear from them. I may be reached by response to this thread, or by email at tidefish@gmail.com. Thank you for your time, and take care.

Hunter..singular..as in only yourself?...or...? Can't help with the turkey hunting, but when it comes to deer, ducks, geese, etc...

FED_UP

Hello,

You will get a response I know people do that down here, don't know any personally.

FED_UP

Hello,

What if they all shot back, survival. :duel:

tidefish

Hunter..singular..as in only yourself?...or...? Can't help with the turkey hunting, but when it comes to deer, ducks, geese, etc...

Yes, just myself. The possibility of a guest (one family member) would be very rare, and only if approved by the landowner.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Hello,

How many acres are you looking for?

tidefish

How many acres are you looking for?

It's tough to say exactly. About one hundred acres at a minimum would probably be best, but it depends on the surrounding area and what is around (houses, livestock, etc.). I hunt with firearms, not bow, so safety is my top concern at all times. The last thing I would want to do is risk the safety of someone else (or their livestock) by hunting too close to them.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Hello,

Sorry, can't resist. There is pretty good hunting in Prince George County. I bet they report a shooting a day up there.