Angels among us?

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Just for discussion purposes only:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Of note is that the Bible describes the function of angels as "messengers" and does not indicate when the creation of angels occurred. What is your view on Angels (more importantly the archangels)? I have heard many different takes on them. Some being Jehovah's Witnesses have concluded that Michael and Jesus are one and the same. And correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is the Church of Latter Day Saints(?) that describes Michael as the first man, Adam, and Gabriel as either Noah or Mosses? I know The New Testament speaks frequently of angels; however, it makes only two references to "archangels" that I could locate in Jude 1:9 and I Thessalonians 4:16.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
So what is your opinions, beliefs, two cents, etc.?<o:p></o:p>

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Angels are among us.
Hebrews 13:2 (New American Standard Bible)

2Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Of note is that the Bible describes the function of angels as "messengers" and does not indicate when the creation of angels occurred. What is your view on Angels (more importantly the archangels)? I have heard many different takes on them. Some being Jehovah's Witnesses have concluded that Michael and Jesus are one and the same. And correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is the Church of Latter Day Saints(?) that describes Michael as the first man, Adam, and Gabriel as either Noah or Mosses? I know The New Testament speaks frequently of angels; however, it makes only two references to "archangels" that I could locate in Jude 1:9 and I Thessalonians 4:16. So what is your opinions, beliefs, two cents, etc.?
Michael is the only archangel named in the Bible. Gabriel is not called an archangel.
JW's believe that Jesus is the Archangel Michael; They're wrong.
LDS folks believe that "heavenly father" was once a man and "worked" his way up to becoming a god. They also believe that all humans can do the same thing; they're wrong also.
Angels are messengers from God to us. One of their many jobs is to watch over us & protect us when needed. They were created, and the devil & 1/3 of the bad ones rebelled, before the earth & mankind was made. How else could Satan be in the Garden to tempt Eve, right?

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways; (Psalm 91)

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. (Matthew 18)

14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? (Hebrews 1)

And the verse 2A quoted also...

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
So would we consider Angels past souls of humans that have passed or are they an entirely separate creation by God?
Angels are spiritual beings. For them to be seen by humans, they must take on human form as they did many times in the OT & NT. Jesus had to, since He is also a spiritual being.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Hmmm....so which one is right? IS says Michael only archangel mentioned but 2ndA says Satan is a archangel, so who decided this?
The Bible. 2A can explain what he meant.

Lucifer is not the biblical name for Satan. It was changed by Jerome while he was translating the Hebrew texts into Latin in the 5th century. Jerome called him Lucifer in the Latin Vulgate, part of which became the KJV (not a good translation). The correct translation in Hebrew is "morning star", not Lucifer.

Michael is the only angel referred to by name as the archangel. Even Gabriel, who appeared to Mary, didn't call himself an archangel and the Bible does not say that Satan was an archangel. He was a very beautiful one but was thrown out of Heaven because of his pride. The voice of the archangel spoken of in 1 Thessalonians 4v16 probably refers to Michael.

Last edited:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Michael is the only angel referred to by name as the archangel. Even Gabriel, who appeared to Mary, didn't call himself an archangel and the Bible does not say that Satan was an archangel. He was a very beautiful one but was thrown out of Heaven because of his pride. The voice of the archangel spoken of in 1 Thessalonians 4v16 probably refers to Michael.

That's right, your bible doesn't include the Book of Tobit. Raphael is the third archangel.

Dondi

Dondi
What of Matthew 22:30, "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Does this men we will be exactly as the angels? Or to what degree would we be different?

And another scripture, Matthew 18:10, "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."

Does this mean each and every person has a guardian angel? If so, why do some guardian angels seem to do a better job of protection some rather than others.

Starman3000m

What of Matthew 22:30, "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Does this men we will be exactly as the angels? Or to what degree would we be different?

Mankind is a special creation different from the pre-existing angelic beings that God created to serve Him. The point of Matthew 22:30 indicates that there will be no need for marrying since the marriage covenant given by God between man and wife was to be fruitful and multiply upon this earth. In Heaven, all who chose God will be transformed into a resurrected bodily form and will live and reign with God as Children of God forever. No procreation in Heaven. (Contrary to what Mormon doctrine teaches)

BTW: The Holy Bible indicates that we will also be in a position to judge angels - most likely referring to fallen angels:

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. (1 Corinthians 6:2-4)

And another scripture, Matthew 18:10, "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."

Does this mean each and every person has a guardian angel? If so, why do some guardian angels seem to do a better job of protection some rather than others.

Guardian angels would still submit to God's Will within our lives as He alone knows the specifics of everyone's decisions and time upon this earth. What may seem as an "untimely death" or "befallen misfortune upon an individual "would have been within the realm of God's Knowledge. That's why God is patient (2 Peter 3:9) and gives each person plenty of opportunities to receive His Free Gift of Salvation while they have an opportunity in the here and now. The decision to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour is yours alone in the here and now before your time is up. There will be no second chance once a person has died.

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
(Hebrews 9:26-28)

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Hmmm....so which one is right? IS says Michael only archangel mentioned but 2ndA says Satan is a archangel, so who decided this?

The Bible. 2A can explain what he meant.

An archangel is an angel that is over other angels; think of ranks in the military. While Satan is never specifically called an archangel, it is implied.
Revelation 12:9And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
I, and I am not alone, read this as Satan having angels under his command, therefore, he was an archangel. If anyone disagrees, it is not worth arguing about. I really do not care one way or the other.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
That's right, your bible doesn't include the Book of Tobit. Raphael is the third archangel.
And your Bible shouldn't either. This issue isn't a big deal but there is no biblical proof of that statement. I'm sure God would have mentioned it in the Bible but, again, there's only one Archangel named in Scripture. In your opinion, who was the 2nd? Not Gabriel, I hope, because he was never called an archangel...