Smoke alarm

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It just started going off for no reason. House isn't on fire, I'm not cooking anything :jet: - no apparent reason. I thought the battery was low, so pulled it and replaced - still going crazy.

Any ideas?

ftcret

It just started going off for no reason. House isn't on fire, I'm not cooking anything :jet: - no apparent reason. I thought the battery was low, so pulled it and replaced - still going crazy.

Any ideas?

Pollen in the sensor, suck it out - then get the vacuum and clean the smoke detector

GopherM

Darwin was right

Any ideas?

Probably dust. Reverse you vacuum and blow it out. Might be best to remove it from the mount and take it outside just in case there is a full size animal hiding inside. (Really though, accumulation of dust will sometimes cause the sensor to trip).

Any ideas?

No, but it reminds me of an episode of Friends when Phoebes was doing that.

Get a new alarm,

Otter

Nothing to see here

Any ideas?

Might be one of those multi-purpose alarms and its warning you about flood.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
poor air circulation can be a cause; exposure to soot or grease or smoke (even candles or oil lamps or candles); placement too close to cooking stoves/ovens, fireplaces, wood stoves--in rare cases strong drafts with dramatic change in temperature.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Probably dust. Reverse you vacuum and blow it out. Might be best to remove it from the mount and take it outside just in case there is a full size animal hiding inside. (Really though, accumulation of dust will sometimes cause the sensor to trip).

Pollen in the sensor, suck it out - then get the vacuum and clean the smoke detector

Thanks - I'll try that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, that did the trick - thanks!

Aside, my smoke alarm's initial warning sounds like the opening to Planet Claire (the keyboard part that starts around 1:40):