Blame Justin, Not Janet?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jana Bommersbach = graduate of tard school

Janet gets the blame because, frankly, you can't expect any better behavior out of a 22 year old boy. A 37 year old woman, on the other hand, should know better. But she IS a Jackson so :shrug:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Jana Bommersbach = graduate of tard school

Janet gets the blame because, frankly, you can't expect any better behavior out of a 22 year old boy. A 37 year old woman, on the other hand, should know better. But she IS a Jackson so :shrug:

You have a point about Janet. But I disagree about giving Justin a pass. At 22, he is SUPPOSED to be an adult who knows better. We should demand 21 and older to act like adults, no matter what their gender.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Tonio
Thanks for the correction. I was thinking of the drinking age for some reason.

Well, as far as that goes - people should act like adults from 18-20, then they get a year off (21), then after age 22 they should be expected to act like adults again.

:cheers: :crazy: :dead: :drunk: :martini: :alkies: :otter:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We should demand 21 and older to act like adults, no matter what their gender.
Good luck with that and let me know how it works out for you. :lol:

*jumping on my soapbox real quick*

Janet, as a woman and a role model, should understand the importance of not portraying women as sex objects in front of young women and little girls. Men have only done what we've allowed them to do - view women as nothing more than hos and sluts. It's our responsibility as women to project the right image and get our respectability back. It's our responsibility to counteract the Justin Timberlakes of the world.

Women are the moral heart of our nation. When we relinquish that power, society loses. Feminists decided that "empowerment" meant being able to have multiple sex partners and taking your clothes off whenever you felt like it. And look at the power women have lost in the last 20 years. Now female singers HAVE to take their clothes off or they can't get a recording contract. They HAVE to starve themselves and get breast implants or they have no career.

Patsy Cline didn't take her clothes off. Rosemary Clooney didn't take her clothes off.

*off the soapbox*

Pete

Repete
Good luck with that and let me know how it works out for you. :lol:

*jumping on my soapbox real quick*

Janet, as a woman and a role model, should understand the importance of not portraying women as sex objects in front of young women and little girls. Men have only done what we've allowed them to do - view women as nothing more than hos and sluts. It's our responsibility as women to project the right image and get our respectability back. It's our responsibility to counteract the Justin Timberlakes of the world.

Women are the moral heart of our nation. When we relinquish that power, society loses. Feminists decided that "empowerment" meant being able to have multiple sex partners and taking your clothes off whenever you felt like it. And look at the power women have lost in the last 20 years. Now female singers HAVE to take their clothes off or they can't get a recording contract. They HAVE to starve themselves and get breast implants or they have no career.

Patsy Cline didn't take her clothes off. Rosemary Clooney didn't take her clothes off.

*off the soapbox*
Ain't America grand !! I know what you mean though. I get so tired of being veiwed as nothing more that a sex object. :frown:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Men have only done what we've allowed them to do - view women as nothing more than hos and sluts. It's our responsibility as women to project the right image and get our respectability back. It's our responsibility to counteract the Justin Timberlakes of the world.

Vrai, you seem to believe that men can never be anything more than mindless sex-crazed dolts who aren't capable of responsible behavior. Don't you find that a depressing thought? What does that say about the human race?

I thought Gene Roddenberry was a fool for his hopeless idea of human perfectability--a theme that ran through Roddenberry's Star Trek. Still, I believe it's our mission as parents not to make the world a perfect place, just a better place. I try to do my part by teaching my daughters about empathy and responsibility and self-esteem. I would do the same if I had sons. I wouldn't just throw up my hands and say, "Well, what do you expect? He's never gonna learn responsibility, because his schlong gets in the way." Sadly, there are plenty of parents who do exactly that.

The whole "boys will be boys" stereotype is just a load of bull. We have gangs and date rape and Justin stripping Janet precisely because too many parents don't bring up their sons right. We need to teach our sons that responsibility is what truly makes a man. Justin is not a man, he's just a boy wearing grown-up clothes. If we accept the idea that males can never learn responsibility on their own, then maybe we should just set off all the nuclear bombs and let the cockroaches see if they can do better.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Toxick
Well, as far as that goes - people should act like adults from 18-20, then they get a year off (21), then after age 22 they should be expected to act like adults again.

:cheers: :crazy: :dead: :drunk: :martini: :alkies: :otter:

Ahhh less than a year away:thewave:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Vrai, you seem to believe that men can never be anything more than mindless sex-crazed dolts who aren't capable of responsible behavior. Don't you find that a depressing thought? What does that say about the human race?

I thought Gene Roddenberry was a fool for his hopeless idea of human perfectability--a theme that ran through Roddenberry's Star Trek. Still, I believe it's our mission as parents not to make the world a perfect place, just a better place. I try to do my part by teaching my daughters about empathy and responsibility and self-esteem. I would do the same if I had sons. I wouldn't just throw up my hands and say, "Well, what do you expect? He's never gonna learn responsibility, because his schlong gets in the way." Sadly, there are plenty of parents who do exactly that.

The whole "boys will be boys" stereotype is just a load of bull. We have gangs and date rape and Justin stripping Janet precisely because too many parents don't bring up their sons right. We need to teach our sons that responsibility is what truly makes a man. Justin is not a man, he's just a boy wearing grown-up clothes. If we accept the idea that males can never learn responsibility on their own, then maybe we should just set off all the nuclear bombs and let the cockroaches see if they can do better.

You read my mind!:bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
More soapbox

I beg your pardon, Tonio, but I see men for what they are: not women. Men are supposed to be the hunter/gatherers and women are the ones who make them wash their hands before they eat so they don't spread germs and kill off the tribe.

As far as men being "sex-crazed dolts", I offer you this: Which sells more copies - Playboy or Playgirl? Oh, that's right - Playgirl went bankrupt a long time ago. Why? Because women don't care about naked men as much as men care about naked women.

Take a look at the top-selling women's magazines - Cosmo, Redbook, Madamoiselle, whatever. See any half-naked men on the cover or in the articles? Now take a look at the top-selling men's magazines.

I rest my case.

You say:
We have gangs and date rape and Justin stripping Janet precisely because too many parents don't bring up their sons right.
These guys are being brought up by the same people that raise women. Yet poor behavior on the part of men is MUCH more prevalent than with women. It's a biological thing - all that testosterone makes you crazy. :lol:

Women influence men's behavior - as your mothers, your sisters, your girlfriends, your wives and your daughters. When we command your respect, you give it to us and will modify your behavior so as not to offend us. When we drop the ball (as we have done in the past 20 years or so), society goes to hell. Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem decided they didn't want to do their jobs - civilize the human race - and they took the rest of us down with them.

I'll bet you $10 it wasn't Janet's idea to flip her boob out. But I hold her responsible because she should have been civilized enough to say "no". Just like ALL women should say "no" when a man wants to objectify them. Get your power with your brain and heart, not with your T&A.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, you got me going now! :lol:

Don't you find that a depressing thought?
No. I think it's a biological thing - it's neither right nor wrong, it merely is. For the record, though, I don't think of men as "sex-crazed dolts". Men are the protectors and the providers. They're the ones that usually come up with the great ideas that give us cars, washing machines and computers.

What does that say about the human race?
It says that if everyone would do their job, things would be just fine. When men stop being men and women stop being women, now you have a problem.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: More soapbox

Vrai, I can see that you've given this some thought. In my view, civilization is not "women making men wash their hands before they eat so they don't spread germs and kill off the tribe." That concept implies that fathers aren't capable of concern for the well-being of their children. Fathers are much more than just a paycheck (the modern version of the dead mastodon). The male influence is vitally important for children growing up, especially for daughters. A father who ignores his kids and spends all his time watching sports and drinking at the bar--he's not a real man.

Last edited: