Pixelated
Gollzillions of them everywhere. :jameo:

Attachments

• mosquito.jpg
    mosquito.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 286

red_explorer

Nc

In NC, they call them mosquito eaters. They eat mosquitos. Maybe we wont have so many mosquitos this summer!!!!!!!!!!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Crane Fly

Despite their common names, as adults, crane flies do not prey on mosquitoes, nor do they bite humans. Some larval crane flies are predatory and may eat mosquito larvae.[2] Adult crane flies feed on nectar or they do not feed at all; once they become adults, most crane fly species exist as adults only to mate and die. Their larvae, called "leatherjackets", "leatherbacks", "leatherback bugs" or "leatherjacket slugs", because of the way they move, consume roots (such as those of turf grass) and other vegetation, in some cases causing damage to plants. The crane fly is occasionally considered a mild turf pest in some areas.

LadyCoyote

You would think our lawn is experiencing a biblical plague...gazillions of those suckers out there. So nasty! Ran out to check the mail and felt the need to nearly put on some protective goggles and breath out of my nose only.
Gross. So freaking GROSS.

toppick08

Despite their common names, as adults, crane flies do not prey on mosquitoes, nor do they bite humans. Some larval crane flies are predatory and may eat mosquito larvae.[2] Adult crane flies feed on nectar or they do not feed at all; once they become adults, most crane fly species exist as adults only to mate and die. Their larvae, called "leatherjackets", "leatherbacks", "leatherback bugs" or "leatherjacket slugs", because of the way they move, consume roots (such as those of turf grass) and other vegetation, in some cases causing damage to plants. The crane fly is occasionally considered a mild turf pest in some areas.

Ty...:yahoo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hope we get as many Dragon Flies.

We had those in abundance last year, and they will kill the skeeters, or at least the skeeter babies.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Where I grew up, we knew they didn't bite, but they look so much like a mosquito that we called them gallon dippers. We knew that's how much blood we would lose if they did bite.

BOP

You would think our lawn is experiencing a biblical plague...gazillions of those suckers out there. So nasty! Ran out to check the mail and felt the need to nearly put on some protective goggles and breath out of my nose only.
Gross. So freaking GROSS.

Ah ha!! I knew it!

:mouthbreather:

:runsforcover: