9 years ago today

Grammie

This was our house on Route 6. Actually only my then 13 year old son made it to the basement. My then 11 year old daughter and my granddaughter (16 months) were at the door in the kitchen ready to head to the basement and my other daughter, her husband and grandson (16 months) were upstairs trying to get downstairs. While we lost our home and most contents, thankfully and most importantly we survived!!! With the help of family, friends and community we were able to rebuild and are forever grateful!!!

My husband was out getting pizza from Ledos. Needless to say, we were not hungry.

"Two destroyed homes are shown in this picture looking north across the path. The first house shown below had a block and brick foundation. It appeared that not all the straps were used connecting the foundation and the house. Seven people were inside this house ranging in ages from 16 months to adult. All seven people survived (3 were in the basement, 2 were on the first floor headed to basement, and 2 were on the second floor). The debris of the house is deposited slightly to the northeast of the main tornado path. The trees in the background are to the north of the tornado path. A second house is also flattened in the background. A closer picture of this house is the second picture below with the white car. The first floor remains attached to the foundation but the rest of the house is gone. This house had a poured reinforced concrete basement."

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
They are saying that areas of concern for later today are La Plata, Leonardtown and St. Mary's City.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
This was our house on Route 6. Actually only my then 13 year old son made it to the basement. My then 11 year old daughter and my granddaughter (16 months) were at the door in the kitchen ready to head to the basement and my other daughter, her husband and grandson (16 months) were upstairs trying to get downstairs. While we lost our home and most contents, thankfully and most importantly we survived!!! With the help of family, friends and community we were able to rebuild and are forever grateful!!!

My husband was out getting pizza from Ledos. Needless to say, we were not hungry.

"Two destroyed homes are shown in this picture looking north across the path. The first house shown below had a block and brick foundation. It appeared that not all the straps were used connecting the foundation and the house. Seven people were inside this house ranging in ages from 16 months to adult. All seven people survived (3 were in the basement, 2 were on the first floor headed to basement, and 2 were on the second floor). The debris of the house is deposited slightly to the northeast of the main tornado path. The trees in the background are to the north of the tornado path. A second house is also flattened in the background. A closer picture of this house is the second picture below with the white car. The first floor remains attached to the foundation but the rest of the house is gone. This house had a poured reinforced concrete basement."

Awwhh Grammie :huggy:
Glad you all are alive and were unharmed.. Those photos are devastating to look at...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
And this is the day that I got my little Toto-looking doggie, Muttley. He was a lost doggie, apparently separated from his owner.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I remember this all to well.. like it was just yesterday...

:yeahthat: We lived in the 7th at the time watching TV. The power went out and we decided to go out for ice cream to the High's in L-town. Wifey was driving, when I looked to the north, there was an ominous cloud formation. Little did I know...

Nexrad shows us about in the clear. I hope y'all made it through unscathed.

:buddies:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
looking at these pictures and then watching todays radar....I've got chills, and not the good kind