Lexington Park Post Office....

byzybee

So I get a delivery confirmation for a package, which contains a MUCH ANTICIPATED item from Victoria's Secret (was backordered - I waited 2 months!), check the mail....nothing there. Nothing there next day. File a complaint with the P.O. I give the tracking #, the "delivered" time and date, the address. Wait, my address doesn't match the address to where it was delivered?? Oh, but the mailman/woman has "been at this route for years, and wouldn't deliver it to the wrong house" ....yet the house of delivery is clearly not my house....

What is wrong with this picture? The company has my correct address on file, I've gotten packages from them before with no change in street number. What gives? The P.O. is otherwise being very nice about checking into it for me...aside from not outright admitting they delivered it to the wrong house. Anybody else have this problem lately?

And if you have my package: GIVE IT BACK!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So I get a delivery confirmation for a package, which contains a MUCH ANTICIPATED item that had been on back order - (I waited 2 months!), check the mail....nothing there. Nothing there next day. File a complaint with the P.O. I give the tracking #, the "delivered" time and date, the address. Wait, my address doesn't match the address to where it was delivered?? Oh, but the mailman/woman has "been at this route for years, and wouldn't deliver it to the wrong house" ....yet the house of delivery is clearly not my house....

What is wrong with this picture? The company has my correct address on file, I've gotten packages from them before with no change in street number. What gives? The P.O. is otherwise being very nice about checking into it for me...aside from not outright admitting they delivered it to the wrong house. Anybody else have this problem lately?

Look! I was able to communicate your message without telling everyone about your dainties! Imagine that!

Go G-Men

So I get a delivery confirmation for a package, which contains a MUCH ANTICIPATED item from Victoria's Secret (was backordered - I waited 2 months!), check the mail....nothing there. Nothing there next day. File a complaint with the P.O. I give the tracking #, the "delivered" time and date, the address. Wait, my address doesn't match the address to where it was delivered?? Oh, but the mailman/woman has "been at this route for years, and wouldn't deliver it to the wrong house" ....yet the house of delivery is clearly not my house....

I had the same thing happen to a package I was having delivered to an address on Sara Court in Lexington Park in February. The tracking information indicated item delivered but it was never received. I was lucky and the company I ordered the item from replaced it and sent it out UPS and it was received on time.

I suspect theft at the post office but never really got an answer from the Lex Park Post Office. They kept saying the item was delivered.

pelers

I had this happen a few months ago as well. It was a box of checks and it was delivered to a house down the block. Fortunately I have honest neighbors and they brought it over to me! Address was printed correctly and very clearly on the package.

Post Office was also very resistant to the idea that their carrier could have possibly screwed up. Mysteriously, we have a new carrier now.

I constantly get mail for my neighbor. I can't imagine who has gotten what of mine, although I can't say I'm missing any mail that I'm aware of.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I've always gotten mail that was intended for neighbors. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. Postal carriers are not at work every day, and sometimes they take a sick/vacation day. If a different carrier is absorbing a new route, chances are probable that a mistake will be made. Big whoopty do!

Ladyelk

Anybody else have this problem lately?

Live in Cedar Cove. Have this problem frequently...usually get mail from 2 streets over. Finally got tired of redelivering the mail and not ever getting any misdelivered mail that could have been mine. Told the LexPk PO..they put a pink sticker on my mailbox that instructed the mail carrier to check the address. The next week...no mail for 3 days then wrong mail for 2.

dontknowwhy

Live in Cedar Cove. Have this problem frequently...usually get mail from 2 streets over. Finally got tired of redelivering the mail and not ever getting any misdelivered mail that could have been mine. Told the LexPk PO..they put a pink sticker on my mailbox that instructed the mail carrier to check the address. The next week...no mail for 3 days then wrong mail for 2.

the pink slip was your 1 & only warning regarding your insubordination... you gonna complain again?

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists

Do you only submit one post per year or something?

sockgirl77

When I moved to Park Hall in 2001 I got a PO Box. I kept it for 6 months but I got sick of my key never working in the door. They would tell me that the kids from Cook's Trailer Park would mess with the door. They would then ask me to come in during normal business hours to get my mail. Because of my work schedule I could not do this so I opted to just have the mail delievered to my physical address.
I constantly had problems getting my packages. I went to the Park Hall PO and was directed to go to the Lexington Park PO because that is who oversees their deliveries. I made several complaints with no avail. The last Christmas I spent there I missed out on 2 gifts that I ordered for people. Both were sent out in padded envelopes. There was no way to track them other than the companies telling me that they sent them via USPS and the USPS confirmed delivery. I also remember getting someone else's mail on a regular basis. The last 2 digits were inverted. The last 2 of mine were 58 and I constantly got mail the person that had 85 as their last 2 digits. The address was correct on the envelopes. I'd just take it to the PO most of the time. A few times I drove down the road and slipped in their box which was a half mile away. Those were the times that the lady's payroll check was sent to me. Atleast I assume that is what it was based on the window envelope it was delivered it in. Another complaint was the mail carrier leaving the box door open every day. My mail was soaked when it rained. I complained a few times about it and I was told that they would mention it to the carrier. It never changed. She would never close the door. My neighbors had the same issue. There were also days that we would not get mail in our row of boxes. I would call the PO and they would tell me that I probably just did not have any mail to be delivered that day. I would tell them that my flag had been up for 2 days and they'd tell me that maybe I was mistaken. I also found it very hard to believe that I wouldn't even have a box jammed with junk mail at the end of the week. I lived in Park Hall for 6 years and had problems the entire time. Just seemed as if it was a big mess of miscommunication between the POs and mail carriers.
Lex Park PO does not have enough mail carriers. I know that people in Cedar Cove generally do not get their mail until it is almost dark outside.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was, for 25 years (!), having a check mailed directly from an insurance company in Kentucky to the BoA bank branch in Lexington Park, for deposit.

Around November of last year..the checks stopped showing up. They were cancelled by the insurance company and replaced/remailed. In total, 5 months in a row of checks were mailed and not one showed up ...anywhere...ever.

I went through the hassle of changing the mailing addy to my home PO box and now the checks just started coming through OK again.

Something is VERY wrong with the Lexington Park Post Office. It is a black hole and I'm convinced they are mishandling the mail and disposing of the overflow..like what happened in Waldorf a decade or more ago. But no way you will ever find out what is really happening..not without a lot of effort anyway.