Don't want anyone to be caught by surprise

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
The graphics help make it convincing. :yay:

IS, Starman, 2A, et al. have said biblical literalism is the way to TRUTH, so I guess we have no choice but to believe Mr. Camping's pronouncement.
How can Family Radio be so bold as to declare a date for Christ's return?
Given the overwhelming biblical evidence, the Family Stations, Inc. Board of Directors made a determination to dedicate all available resources to proclaim the warning of May 21, 2011. God has prepared Family Radio for this important time in history. Given the population of the world, radio and the internet are the perfect vehicles to deliver this warning.

What proof is there for the date of May 21, 2011?
The date May 21, 2011 was derived solely from evidence found in the Bible. Mr. Camping saw God had placed, in Scripture, many important signs and proofs. These proofs alert believers that May 21st of 2011 is the date Christ will return for His people and begin a period of the final destruction of the world.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Too many end of world dates to remember. I don't have any room in my planner for things I need to do.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
IS, Starman, 2A, et al. have said biblical literalism is the way to TRUTH, so I guess we have no choice but to believe Mr. Camping's pronouncement.
I never said that as a blanket statement. I've said there are times to take it literally and times not to. :nono:

Camping is a pathetic old FOOL. He's made a similar prediction for September 1994 and it NEVER happened and yet his faithful fools still support his craziness. I'm very disappointed that ANY ONE listens to his station or supports this kook today.

Camping is playing a game called "numerology", which DOESN'T work or exist in the Bible. God didn't hide some secret number codes in the Bible for us to tell when things would happen. It's like saying: since the Bible has 66 books, the world will end in a year that ends with 66 (1966, 2066, 2166, etc).

The question now is will this fool still have followers on May 22? Sadly, just like Obama, the answer is yes...:faint:

hvp05

I never said that as a blanket statement. I've said there are times to take it literally and times not to.
Of course, there are parables, which were not meant to be taken literally. Generally, you and Mr. Camping have more in common than you care to admit.

Camping is a pathetic old FOOL. He's made a similar prediction for September 1994 and it NEVER happened and yet his faithful fools still support his craziness.
The 1994 date could have been a test of some sort for the faithful. :shrug:

God didn't hide some secret number codes in the Bible for us to tell when things would happen.
I have seen a couple shows on the purported Bible Code. Why do you disbelieve it?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Generally, you and Mr. Camping have more in common than you care to admit.
Your perspective is skewed my friend, so I won't take that the wrong way.
hvp05 said:
No chance, other than to help us be more discerning...
hvp05 said:
I have seen a couple shows on the purported Bible Code. Why do you disbelieve it?
Because it's not there; plain & simple. Since when did TV shows become an authority? The Davinci Code was another farce.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

ItalianScallion said:
Generally, you and Mr. Camping have more in common than you care to admit.
hvp05 said:
hvp05 said:
Because it's not there; plain & simple. Since when did TV shows become an authority? The Davinci Code was another farce.

OMG we agree! :lol: (Ooooops, sorry for the excessive smily)

And I think the author of the DaVinci Code was just writing a story, I don't think he was predicting anything.

hvp05

I was not attempting to hurt your feelings - as if I could :lol: - but there are some similarities. You think he's a clear moonbat. But to many folks the only major difference is that he has put a date on THE END whereas you do not specify such. He claims he believes in the Bible and only the Bible just as you do, so who am I to tell him he's wrong?

Does your god not test your faith? Yet you continue to believe, sure that you are right. Just as they are.

Since when did TV shows become an authority? The Davinci Code was another farce.
The show was not the authority, but the people on it. :rolleyes: They appeared to be well-educated and serious in their contentions. It is an interesting idea.

People took The DaVinci Code waaaaay too seriously. :lol: So he used real names and places which happened to be religious. He was trying to drum up attention to sell books, and apparently it worked, thanks partly to the backlash he drew from certain believers.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

hvp05 said:
OMG we agree!
You agreed with IS?!?! :faint:

I know it's crazy!! I agree that Camping is crazy, I love when these end of days people come out! I bet there has been at least a dozen "end of days" predictions since humans first realized there might be an end. But you'd think they'd have learned! :lol: always fun! Party on May 21st!!!!! :smile:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I was not attempting to hurt your feelings - as if I could :lol: - but there are some similarities. You think he's a clear moonbat. But to many folks the only major difference is that he has put a date on THE END whereas you do not specify such. He claims he believes in the Bible and only the Bible just as you do, so who am I to tell him he's wrong?
I would tell him if I could, as many others have already done. And I'm not mad or hurt. You just said: "we have more in common than I'd admit" and, while he & I do have some common ground, many of his teachings are clearly wrong. This would be a good lesson for people regarding false Bible teachers. God clearly said no one knows when the last day is but Camping tries to act like he does. Maybe people will see this and stop listening to him but I won't hold my breath...
hvp05 said:
Does your god not test your faith? Yet you continue to believe, sure that you are right. Just as they are.
Sure but I don't say things that are totally unbiblical as he's done more than once. I guarantee that Starman, 2A, PsyOps and maybe even UNA would light me up if I said I knew when the end of the world is.
You agreed with IS?!?! :faint:
HEY!! It's a start...:roflmao:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I know it's crazy!! I agree that Camping is crazy, I love when these end of days people come out! I bet there has been at least a dozen "end of days" predictions since humans first realized there might be an end. But you'd think they'd have learned! :lol: always fun! Party on May 21st!!!!! :smile:
Actually there's been thousands of end of the world predictions and everyone's been wrong, so where's the party going to be?

UNA

Wirelessly posted

ItalianScallion said:
Actually there's been thousands of end of the world predictions and everyone's been wrong, so where's the party going to be?

Well I suppose you'll be partying the next day at Red Robin!

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
What, you think the killing of OBL was chance?? Nope, all connected to end of days retaliation by the demons! Hopefully this doesn't go down till late at night - would hate to miss the All-Star Race that Saturday.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Zguy28

People took The DaVinci Code waaaaay too seriously.
Like many people I know who are not Christians as well. I can't tell you how many of them came to me to discuss Dan Brown's fiction and proclaiming the content as established historical facts.

Sadly they also take Zeitgeist and Loose Change as facts also.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

Zguy28 said:
People took The DaVinci Code waaaaay too seriously.
Like many people I know who are not Christians as well. I can't tell you how many of them came to me to discuss Dan Brown's fiction and proclaiming the content as established historical facts.

Sadly they also take Zeitgeist and Loose Change as facts also.

There will always be idiots :lol:

It was just a good book, I loved it!

Zguy28

Wirelessly posted

I wouldn't call my sister an idiot by any stretch, nor many that believed much of what Dan Brown peddles at "truth".

You'd be surprised how many people think stuff like that is true. Just look how many people think Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.

hvp05

I wouldn't call my sister an idiot by any stretch, nor many that believed much of what Dan Brown peddles at "truth".

You'd be surprised how many people think stuff like that is true. Just look how many people think Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.
I would not call them idiots either, not collectively anyhow.

It is proof of how easily people can be convinced of something when they want to be.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

Zguy28 said:
Wirelessly posted

Good point! Lol