Is the media CW already turning against Obama’s ha

E

EmptyTimCup

:jerry:

Is the media CW already turning against Obama’s handling of the OBL raid?

If you’ve lost Mark Halperin, you’ve lost Mark Halperin. (see below for that story) And maybe other conventional wisdom peddlers like him. Halperin, last seen praising President Obama for being “brilliant” on the 2011 budget by not releasing one at all, is out today with a list of five mistakes the Obama admin has made since announcing the death of bin Laden.

The list will seem familiar to readers here and anyone who doesn’t regularly partake of the Obama Kool-Aid: They didn’t get their story straight before going public; they let the photo debate get (and remain) out of control; they let the debates about Afghanistan and Pakistan get out of control; and Obama snubbed Bush by not acknowledging his contribution to getting Osama. That last one didn’t go unnoticed. Obama tried for a do-over and got rejected.

Five Mistakes the Obama Administration Has Made in the Aftermath of Bin Laden Killing

The White House's brilliant conceptualization and execution of the plan to bring Osama bin Laden to justice has, in the last 48 hours, been complicated by mistakes.

No one can question the heroism of the US military, the doggedness of the intelligence community, or the cajones of the President in making the call. But the administration has since made real errors, some with political costs, some with substantive costs, and some with both. (See pictures of Osama bin Laden's Pakistan hideaway.)

The major errors so far:

1. Not getting its story straight:
2. Not giving George W. Bush enough credit for helping bring bin Laden to justice:
3. Letting the photo debate get out of control:
4. Letting the debate about the war in Afghanistan get out of control:
5. Letting the debate about Pakistan get out of control:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Funny how he'll go on TV to take credit for killing Bin Laden, but not to say he's starting a whole new war with Libya! :coffee:

SamSpade

I still think Dubya was gracious for not mugging for the media alongside Obama. He's no longer President - let Obama have his day.

Really don't think Bush would be vindictive about it. He's been too happy to be out of the public eye.

Mongo53

I still think Dubya was gracious for not mugging for the media alongside Obama. He's no longer President - let Obama have his day.

Really don't think Bush would be vindictive about it. He's been too happy to be out of the public eye.
Or was he upset how he was snubbed by Obama in his "I" speech and later?
Or does he figure just nothing good will come of it, Obama will hog the limelight and just embarrass Bush.
Or it may be, he is just sticking to principal, and wants to stay out of the limelight.

I find it shocking Bill Clinton turned him down, citing a schedule conflict? Really? Has he turned a single opportunity to bask in the limelight? Do you remember Obama walking out of the Press Conference while Clinton took over? Could it be that Hillary gave her husband and call and told him something he should know before celibrating with Obama?

BOP

Funny how he'll go on TV to take credit for killing Bin Laden, but not to say he's starting a whole new war with Libya! :coffee:

Yeah, well, if the tide begins to turn against "his" decision to get UBL (and it is already), it'll be "rouge CIA agents making the call" so fast it'll make your head swim. The Won has set himself up for that about as well as he can, as anybody could, given the circumstances.

Pete

Repete

W got kicked in the balls at least once an hour every day for 8 years. I don't blame him. I wouldn't have answered the phone when Obama called. I hope he is chuckling watching Obama twist in the wind.