Obama Administration takes victory lap in clown ca

E

EmptyTimCup

:killingme

Obama Administration takes victory lap in clown car

It’s been less than 72 hours since President Barack Obama announced that U.S. Special Forces “a small team of Americans” had killed Osama Bin Laden. Since then, his administration has been hard at work screwing the whole thing up.

Let’s start with that speech Sunday night. It was originally announced for 10:30 but didn’t happen until 11:30. By that time, the news Obama was supposed to be breaking had broken already. Not the best start. Presumably he was delayed arguing with his speechwriters about keeping in all the “I,” “Me,” and “Mine.” Everything having to do with this raid was “I”; anything that could be attributed to the Bush administration was “We.” “I gave the order, I did this, I did that.” The hallmark of any great leader is a willingness to bravely take credit for the hard work and sacrifice of others.

Then there’s the official narrative of the raid, which has already gone through more versions than the Star Wars movies. First Bin Laden had a gun; then he didn’t. He hid behind one of his wives, who was killed; wait, no, scratch that, she’s alive and wasn’t his wife. Maybe? Now Leon Panetta says he and President Obama didn’t actually see the whole thing go down, after the White House made a point of releasing that instantly iconic picture of the whole gang watching it go down.

Isn’t it kind of important to get all that stuff right the first time? Personally, I don’t care if Bin Laden was holding a tray of freshly baked cookies and asking our boys if they wanted any tea when they shot him. :jerry: You’ve heard of suicide by cop? As far as I’m concerned, Osama Bin Laden committed suicide by 9/11. But now the White House just looks like a bunch of bumblers. If you’re not exactly sure what happened, why give details you might have to retract? How in the world do you screw up a win this big? (Amanda Carey has a wrap-up of the inconsistencies in the official story.)

mistyweather02

Who gives a ####! Under President Obama's tenure, Osama was located and eliminated. Under Bush, not so much. All this #### you're throwing on the wall doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Who gives a ####! Under President Obama's tenure, Osama was located and eliminated. Under Bush, not so much. All this #### you're throwing on the wall doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

According to the white house Osama bin Laden engaged the Seals in a firefight. Well, no, actually, it turns out he didn’t. But he did seize a woman, probably one of his wives, to use as a human shield. Uh, well, actually he didn’t do that, either. But he was armed, we know that for sure. Ummm, no, not really. OK, but we’re positive that woman was killed. Uh, not exactly. But we definitely, positively, absolutely know that Osama is dead. We have the photographs to prove it and the public can see them. Er, no, not quite. The president has them but you can’t see them. Everybody will just have to take his word for it.

Mongo53

According to the white house Osama bin Laden engaged the Seals in a firefight. Well, no, actually, it turns out he didn’t. But he did seize a woman, probably one of his wives, to use as a human shield. Uh, well, actually he didn’t do that, either. But he was armed, we know that for sure. Ummm, no, not really. OK, but we’re positive that woman was killed. Uh, not exactly. But we definitely, positively, absolutely know that Osama is dead. We have the photographs to prove it and the public can see them. Er, no, not quite. The president has them but you can’t see them. Everybody will just have to take his word for it.
I know, its like the Intelligence and Military parts of this have been well planned and executed, totally prepared and every other part of the government in this is a scrambled, disorganized mess.

I'm sure it was all Obama's doing for what went well, and someone else's for everything that got screwed up. Maybe will get an Obama speech soon that isn't filled with "I, I, I, and I", when he talks about press releases and breifings, decisions for releasing photos, etc, he'll speak about "Them, They and We".

BOP

Somebody's got their panties in a bunch.

Mongo53

Somebody's got their panties in a bunch.
No he is incensed, because people don't see the obvious truth, didn't you know;

Anything Bad that happens while a Republican President is sitting, it can only possibly be the sole result of that Presidents actions, no one else. Anything Good that happens, it can only possibly be a coincidence that someone else was responsible for.

While;

Anything Good that happens while a Democrat President is sitting, it can only possibly be the sole result of that Presidents actions, no one else. Anything Bad that happens, it can only possibly be a coincidence that someone else was responsible for.

The Congress and Judiciary, the states, Foreign powers and the American People or people of foreign nations are powerless, while the President is omnipotent, well only for good things for Democrats and bad things for Republicans.

Life is real simple that way, makes it easy to validate your ideology and invalidate ideologies you disagree with. Thats why Obama's Presidency has been such the undeniable success that it has been, hasn't it.:whistle:

Last edited: