Lavish

ginwoman

the reporters keep describing UBS's house as lavish. It looks like a glorified $hit house to me.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ever travel abroad much to "developing" nations? Trust me, that was a freaking palace.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I Google mapped Abottabad yesterday and was surprised at some of the amenities there. A nice golf course, sports/recreation areas, a nice school (university, I believe it was) and some nice homes. But there were plenty of areas that we would consider a 'slum' or worse. Pakistan is definitely not high on the list of developed nations.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
the reporters keep describing UBS's house as lavish. It looks like a glorified $hit house to me.
These animals are content to live in $hit houses (or less) as long as they can kill people in the name of Allah.

Mongo53

Pakistan's Army to the U.N. is the modern day equivalent of the Hessians were to European Nations in the 18th Century.

Their Army brings in a lot of money for the Pakistani Government, paid for from the UN for participating in Peace Keeping Duties.

So it would NOT be surprising that the Military Town of Pakistan that OBL was hiding in, would have some lavish facilities in a poor state like Pakistan.

Concur with the relative standards, OBL's compound may have appeared to be just a large run down home with a wall around it, but this is nice in the mid-east. Taking pride in your home and keeping it good looking and clean, is only catching on in the mid-east, you do see some nice neighborhoods in the mid-east; but most people still really don't care that much and even upper middle class, which would probably NOT qualify as working poor in this country, let their homes get rundown and look like trash.

Last edited:

blacklabman

Pakistan's Army to the U.N. is the modern day equivalent of the Hessians were to European Nations in the 18th Century.

Their Army brings in a lot of money for the Pakistani Government, paid for from the UN for participating in Peace Keeping Duties.

So it would NOT be surprising that the Military Town of Pakistan that OBL was hiding in, would have some lavish facilities in a poor state like Pakistan.

Concur with the relative standards, OBL's compound may have appeared to be just a large run down home with a wall around it, but this is nice in the mid-east. Taking pride in your home and keeping it good looking and clean, is only catching on in the mid-east, you do see some nice neighborhoods in the mid-east; but most people still really don't care that much and even upper middle class, which would probably NOT qualify as working poor in this country, let their homes get rundown and look like trash.

There is a house on Town Creek Drive that looks trashy like that.