Gingrich says he's running

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
LINK

"ATLANTA (AP) -- Newt Gingrich is running for president.

The former House speaker disclosed his bid on Twitter and Facebook on Monday and urged followers to tune into Fox News on Wednesday.

"I will be on to talk about my run for president of the United States," Gingrich wrote after months of publicly laying the groundwork for a bid for the GOP presidential nomination. "I have been humbled by all the encouragement you have given me to run."

The move was hardly a surprise; Gingrich has spent months raising money, assembling a campaign team and visiting early primary states. He also quietly opened a campaign headquarters in Atlanta, and had long been scheduled to address the Georgia Republican Party Convention on Friday in Macon, Ga. Aides say that will be his first speech as a full-fledged candidate.

Gingrich, 67, enters a GOP field that's far from fully formed; no less than a dozen Republicans are weighing bids and only a few have taken steps toward candidacies. It's a crop of candidates that has many in the Republican Party yearning for more options as they seek the strongest candidate to take on President Barack Obama in 2012."

Toxick

Splat
Everybody in the media just came in their pants.

The only euphoric spasm that could have topped that is if Satan himself crawled out of a brimstone and smoke-blelching chasm and declared that he was running for president.

I predict that by election day, the media will have convinced most of us that:

• Newt Gingrich is responsible for the death of every man woman and child killed in the Middle East, and every US interest overseas since 9-11-01.
  • Newt Gingrich is responsible for the price of a gallon of gas hitting $6.00, regardless of whether or not gas has actually hit $6/gal.
  • Newt Gingrich personally hammered each nail into the hands and feet of our Savior Jesus H. Christ.
  • Newt Gingrich is a racist, and that's the ONLY reason why he's running against Our Lord and Savior Jesus H. Obama.
  • Newt Gingrich has a swastika tattooed on one of his butt-cheeks, and a portrait of Dan Fogelburg tattooed on the other.
  • Newt Gingrich engages in gay sex. And yet he's still a homophobe who hates gay people and won't let them get married, or get jobs within US borders.
  • Newt Gingrich killed your mother, regardless of whether or not your mother is even dead.
  • Newt Gingrich shoots a black, corrosive acid from his nipples which is toxic to poor people.
  • Newt Gingrich cost all of you unemployed citizens your jobs. And he laughed while he did it. He laughed and called you a whiny #####. We have it on tape.
  • Newt Gingrich eats African American babies.
  • Newt Gingrich cuts Hispanic babies up as bait to catch African American babies... which he then eats.
  • Newt Gingrich beats little Native American children to death with African American Babies. Then he eats them.
  • Newt GingRICH.... RICH... tax cuts for the rich... Coincidence? WE THINK NOT!
  • Newt Gingrich is shooting heroin right NOW.
  • Newt Gingrich hates your mother####ing guts.

SamSpade

MOST of the time - when I hear this man speak clearly and effectively - the first thought that comes to my head is "why ISN'T this man President?".

And I realize why. Ron Miller pointed out on Facebook, the Republicans are good at fielding good Presidential material, but they can't find someone who's a good *candidate*. Gingrich is terrible at the whole politician thing. Even after "Lessons Learned the Hard Way" he still makes verbal faux pas. And he has no charisma.

Seriously. People who hate Gingrich usually cite his extramarital dalliances as though they were some kind of taboo - while the same persons would re-elect Bill Clinton if he did the same thing in broad daylight. And they'd be proud of him. The real bottom line is, they don't like him. Everything else is just excuse.