Taxi in Pope's Creek

benton

Hey -- Does anyone know of a cab company, preferably with vans, that services the area around Gilligan's Pier?

officeguy

Ha- there isn't one. La Plata doesn't even have cab service yet. I've been waiting for cab service around these parts since before I was 21 and I'll be 39 this year. Find a driver and rent a few vans from Hunt Ford in La Plata.

Sounds like a business opportunity.

officeguy

In La Plata, get call to Popes Creek, 15 minute drive down
Get drunks in to cab (who else would need a cab down there, I'd be one of them), 10 minutes
Drive up to La Plata, 15 minutes
Drunks figure out bill and pay, 10 minutes

Wasn't thinking about Popes Creek, more of a general comment on the limited availability of cabs in Charles county. I have a lot of 4am trips to national, ends up being easier to have a DC cab come out

officeguy

Got ya. Could you tell me about what the cost are from what area?

Indian Head. Before fuel prices went up, it was $65 with Waldorf Yellow Cab, now it's 70. The DC cabbies do it for 65.

I'm heading to NY via Union Station next weekend (Fri-Sun) from La Plata and then the following weekend (Thurs-Mon) to Myrtle Beach via National. I'm wondering if cab-ing it may be easier than car-ing it? May even be cheaper for longer trips to offset parking.

For just a weekend I would leave it in the garage at Union station or in the economy lot at Reagan. It is $19/day or so you'll be way ahead of cabbing it back and forth. I am usually gone for a week and I dont have a car to leave for the whole time so cabs it is.

music

You could also try Smart Ride up in Prince Frederick. They drive just about everywhere and also do airport services. Their number is 410-535-6932