If this works for them, I have an idea

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
where PG, Baltimore and Montgomery split off from the rest of Maryland. Then they can tax their way to prosperity without the rest of us dumb conservatives holding them back.
A long-simmering movement by liberal stalwarts in southern Arizona to break away from the rest of the largely conservative state is at a boiling point as secession backers press to bring their longshot ambition to the forefront of Arizona politics.
Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state - Yahoo! News

E

EmptyTimCup

I posted a similar idea thought PJTV video a week or so ago .......

give DC ( except the area around the federal area ie the mall ) back to MD and form a new state encompassing PG, Montgomery and Baltimore ....

SOMD and the western counties can retain MD or form 2 new states

bcp

In My Opinion
always funny when high liberal areas say they want to break away from the rest of the state.. take PG and Baltimore city, If they were no longer part of maryland, who would pay their bills for them? they cant do it now, so how are they planning to do it once detached,, are the lazy suddenly going to start working?

Mongo53

always funny when high liberal areas say they want to break away from the rest of the state.. take PG and Baltimore city, If they were no longer part of maryland, who would pay their bills for them? they cant do it now, so how are they planning to do it once detached,, are the lazy suddenly going to start working?
Look at PG County.

A liberal area, that just happens to encompass another rich demographic, can have a ton of political clout.

It might just be, those Liberal areas of AZ include a few rich neighborhoods and industrial disctrics to give it big tax revenues.

What they fail to see, is once they break away and inevitably start to tax the rich enclaves to death, they will all up and leave for the next county and leave the remaining liberals that drove them out, in poverty.

blacklabman

I posted a similar idea thought PJTV video a week or so ago .......

give DC ( except the area around the federal area ie the mall ) back to MD and form a new state encompassing PG, Montgomery and Baltimore ....

SOMD and the western counties can retain MD or form 2 new states

How about we combine Delaware, the Eastern Shores of Mayland and Virginia and call it DELMARVA.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
How about we combine Delaware, the Eastern Shores of Mayland and Virginia and call it DELMARVA.
I'm not seeing St. Mary's on the list, figure out a way for us to go with them and I'm all for this idea. If it's going to be a deal breaker we can take Calvert also, but they're going to have to promise to behave themselves.

Mongo53

I'm not seeing St. Mary's on the list, figure out a way for us to go with them and I'm all for this idea. If it's going to be a deal breaker we can take Calvert also, but they're going to have to promise to behave themselves.
:howdy:Just because we work in your county, then drive over the bridge to go home, you don't like us. I'm becomming more and more convinced everyday, that bridge was designed by St. Mary's as revenge on Calvert.:killingme
:buddies: