We the people

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
need to control those in government.
"I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Charles Jarvis, 1820

Mongo53

...the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education...
And thus lies the crux of the problem, informing the people of their discretion by education. The informing/education is failing bitterly.

A biased media, a failing eduacation system trapped in feel good liberalism with every declining standards.

Ask any high school graduate what are the three branches of the federal government. And tons of High School drop-outs, forget it, they can't even tell you who the current vice-president is, let alone how government or even society is suppose to work. BUT, we have to get these people to the polls don't you know!!!!

Thats why we are about to have the first 1 BILLION Dollar Campaign Chest, to pay for all these get out to vote drives for people to lazy that won't do it for themselves, then lots of manipulative TV ads, to convince those people so uniformed on current events they will actually believe it and vote for them.

Just look at the number of voters, merely voting for promised pay-out and benefit from the largess (isn't Benjamin Franklin credited with a saying about that, althoug probably incorrectly attributed). And have no idea of the ramification.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
And thus lies the crux of the problem, informing the people of their discretion by education. The informing/education is failing bitterly.

A biased media, a failing eduacation system trapped in feel good liberalism with every declining standards.

Ask any high school graduate what are the three branches of the federal government. And tons of High School drop-outs, forget it, they can't even tell you who the current vice-president is, let alone how government or even society is suppose to work. BUT, we have to get these people to the polls don't you know!!!!

Thats why we are about to have the first 1 BILLION Dollar Campaign Chest, to pay for all these get out to vote drives for people to lazy that won't do it for themselves, then lots of manipulative TV ads, to convince those people so uniformed on current events they will actually believe it and vote for them.

Just look at the number of voters, merely voting for promised pay-out and benefit from the largess (isn't Benjamin Franklin credited with a saying about that, althoug probably incorrectly attributed). And have no idea of the ramification.
They can learn it the same way I did.

Mongo53

They can learn it the same way I did.
I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm only a bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee,
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a bill.
It must have been a powerful teaching tool judging by the number of people who remember it verbatim.