House fire around 11:45 pm

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Just wanna make sure I heard it correctly, st. georges island or somewhere near sounded pretty bad. I hope no one was hurt.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
It was an abandoned house that was fully involved off of Camp Merryland Rd

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Funny how that house has been empty all this time and then have this happen....:whistle:

but not "ha ha" funny.... I assume you mean?

As far as I knew the property and house still belonged to the same family it has all along?

I'm pretty sure it fell under the Critical Area "50%-rule" and could not have been significantly improved, remodeled or added on to. Just replaced.

wineo

loving life
"Camp Fires and Amplifiers" is what they called it. Could hear some of it on the other side of the island a mile away. Until the rain came....:evil:

They sounded awful, could hear them here. Hubby was fishing on the pier when it happened. According to the BayNet, a transformer started it:whistle:

No storms that night, just some rain. And I didn't mean funny as in HA HA, you know me better.:buddies:

Ask your brother what was in the "Crabpot" yesterday............I don't think he will be my friend anymore:cds:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They sounded awful, could hear them here. Hubby was fishing on the pier when it happened. According to the BayNet, a transformer started it:whistle:

No storms that night, just some rain. And I didn't mean funny as in HA HA, you know me better.:buddies:

Ask your brother what was in the "Crabpot" yesterday............I don't think he will be my friend anymore:cds:

And I heard today that there was a propane bottle involved too. Supposedly Mike got burned??

Ruh roh...I'll ask my bro..... or do I really want to not know? :whistle:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So it turns out the place has been completely abandoned for a while now..Hurricane Isabel wrecked it in '03. 'Wire and pipe salvage pickers' and plain ole vandals had been tearing it apart for some time now too.

Bummer. Reminds me I'm getting old; I remember when the family still used it occasionally.