Solomons Landing

Taeobi

Does anyone know what is going on down there? The place is swarming with police; a helicopter was circling; they have the area taped off, and are re-routing drivers to route 4.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We were just turned away from there because of road closures. Every emergency vehicle in the area must be there. We were close to the center of activity, but yet no one was particularly frantic to get anything done.

Taeobi

I was wondering the same darn thing???

I was on the island and the police redirected me to route 4. Police were zipping down the highway to get there. They had a K-9 car on the scene, but not sure if they actually used him.

Taeobi

We were just turned away from there because of road closures. Every emergency vehicle in the area must be there. We were close to the center of activity, but yet no one was particularly frantic to get anything done.

Yes, everyone was just standing around. I noticed a kid on a bike behind one of the cop cars... but they could have just been nosy. I hope everyone is OK.

Taeobi

I think that it may have involved a skateboarder but
I really don't know yet.

I saw a kid on with a bike and another one on a skate board a little further up the street, but heading toward the scene. Wish the news would jump on this so we don't have speculations, but actual facts.

keepsmiling

INSIDE the Landing or outside? Old or new portion? Don't need details, just approximate location.

This is what I heard on the scanner:

There was a shooting, shot in the leg, flown out. Three suspects in custody. There was ALOT of confusion and excitement so it was hard to hear everything as it was happening. I did hear it happened at the woods line near HG Trueman Road. One suspect was caught at the Solomons Post Office.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This is what I heard on the scanner:

There was a shooting, shot in the leg, flown out. Three suspects in custody. There was ALOT of confusion and excitement so it was hard to hear everything as it was happening. I did hear it happened at the woods line near HG Trueman Road. One suspect was caught at the Solomons Post Office.

So it was outside. Thanks. That is all I need to know.

sdm

It was before the landing where you exit the back road and make the left yield to go out on route 4. They put two kids on the ground at the post office and had another cuffed and on his knees by the Rec Center. All were on bikes.

Taeobi

It was before the landing where you exit the back road and make the left yield to go out on route 4. They put two kids on the ground at the post office and had another cuffed and on his knees by the Rec Center. All were on bikes.

I heard it was an older man who shot the kid in the leg. Anyone know if this is true??

heard it on the scanner last night...seemed like the officer was responding to a complaint about the kids on bikes. Soon after arrival, the kid got shot and all 3 suspects were chased and caught. It was somewhat confusing, but, it was def a 15 year old, shot in the thigh and got flown out.

Taeobi

heard it on the scanner last night...seemed like the officer was responding to a complaint about the kids on bikes. Soon after arrival, the kid got shot and all 3 suspects were chased and caught. It was somewhat confusing, but, it was def a 15 year old, shot in the thigh and got flown out.

Yes, apparently it seems the kids were messing around on the complainants hammock. I don't know what happened from the time the police were called to escalate to the kid being shot. Unconfirmed, he was shot with a shotgun. The other kids bolted when the shot was fired, so the cops chased them down and caught them. At least the kid will survive, it could've been a lot worse.