good perm

penelope

I have never gotten a perm before and i want to get one but not a spiral or wavvy. I want one that looks natural or as though i just curled it with a curling iron. i want to go to some one that has been doing them for a long time. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Taeobi

I have never gotten a perm before and i want to get one but not a spiral or wavvy. I want one that looks natural or as though i just curled it with a curling iron. i want to go to some one that has been doing them for a long time. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The Salon in lusby, 410-231-2558. She will only do a perm if your hair is healthy enough for one. It also depends on what kind of hair you have, do some research to see if that's what you really want.

People still get perms?

HA, I got one almost 6 months ago and it was sooooo jacked up!! They had to do a spiral because my hair is long. But I have bone straight hair, so the curl looked like a dull dull wave. the front half of my hair was almost completely straight a week later. I went to a different salon, because my hair dresser said NO perm for me. Now the under part of my hair has a dull wave, but all the top of my hair is bone straight again... and flat. FAIL!! :doh:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Get yourself some sea salt water spray. (*You can make yourself or buy it at walmart*)

Spray your hair, let air dry. It will give you that fun curl you are looking for. That way you have more options with less damage

Get yourself some sea salt water spray. (*You can make yourself or buy it at walmart*)

Spray your hair, let air dry. It will give you that fun curl you are looking for. That way you have more options with less damage

You are saying naturally straight hair can be made to be fun and curly by simply spraying it with sea salt water...:eyebrow:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
You are saying naturally straight hair can be made to be fun and curly by simply spraying it with sea salt water...:eyebrow:
Yup. Ever notice when you go to the beach your hair is all curly and fun. Same idea.

I tried a perm to get that "fun messy curl" or it was so bad my hairdresser cried. :lol:

I then went to the beach got the effect I wanted.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

It works well for Otter. :shrug:

Attachments

• otter.jpg
    otter.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,566

Jameo

What?!

That's not gonna give you a curl, maybe a little texture but not a curl.

Taeobi

I had a spray similar to that years ago, and it gave me a very slight wave, but I had to not brush it. My hair is soooooo straight, so I was excited to see even the slightest wave, tousled look.

Jameo

What?!
I had a spray similar to that years ago, and it gave me a very slight wave, but I had to not brush it. My hair is soooooo straight, so I was excited to see even the slightest wave, tousled look.

I have super straight hair also. When I wanna do a wavy look. I'll wet my hair, apply some moose or gel. Take sections of hair and scrunch it up as your blow dry it.

Taeobi

I have super straight hair also. When I wanna do a wavy look. I'll wet my hair, apply some moose or gel. Take sections of hair and scrunch it up as your blow dry it.

I've tried that it doesn't do anything for my hair. I braid my hair when it's wet and sleep on it. Then, blow dry it the rest of the way the next morning... that gives me a decent wave. But doesn't help with the flatness of my hair. I need to just give in and cut it to my shoulders, that might help.

Jameo

What?!
I've tried that it doesn't do anything for my hair. I braid my hair when it's wet and sleep on it. Then, blow dry it the rest of the way the next morning... that gives me a decent wave. But doesn't help with the flatness of my hair. I need to just give in and cut it to my shoulders, that might help.

Have you tried a different product maybe? Do you have thick hair? You could have it thinned out instead of cutting it.

Yup. Ever notice when you go to the beach your hair is all curly and fun. Same idea.

I tried a perm to get that "fun messy curl" or it was so bad my hairdresser cried. :lol:

I then went to the beach got the effect I wanted.
Nope. My hair stays straight as a board.