Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 535

Thread: 15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calvert County, MD
    Posts
    188

    15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

    On May 16 at 6:05 p.m. units from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Solomons Landing Condominiums located in the Solomons Island area of Calvert County to investigate the report of trespassers. As Sgt. M. Hurlock was responding to the scene, he heard a single gunshot. Hurlock was then approached by an elderly white male, later identified as Charles Joseph Armiger, 66 of Solomons, holding a shotgun.

    15 Year-old Victim of Shooting at Solomons Landing - CalvertNews.info - Calvert County MD News & Information

  2. #2
    Registered User PJumper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Great Mills
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by fish67 View Post
    On May 16 at 6:05 p.m. units from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Solomons Landing Condominiums located in the Solomons Island area of Calvert County to investigate the report of trespassers. As Sgt. M. Hurlock was responding to the scene, he heard a single gunshot. Hurlock was then approached by an elderly white male, later identified as Charles Joseph Armiger, 66 of Solomons, holding a shotgun.

    15 Year-old Victim of Shooting at Solomons Landing - CalvertNews.info - Calvert County MD News & Information


    May not be the best way to handle the situation, but sometimes you get frustrated with a rude and disrespectful teenagers. First they have no business being in that neighborhood if they lived there. Why bang on people's doors? Why be disrespectful to someboby pointing out the wrongs you're doing?


    BTW, is this the same PHS student who got shot?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PJumper View Post
    May not be the best way to handle the situation, but sometimes you get frustrated with a rude and disrespectful teenagers. First they have no business being in that neighborhood if they lived there. Why bang on people's doors? Why be disrespectful to someboby pointing out the wrongs you're doing?


    BTW, is this the same PHS student who got shot?
    Are you blaming the kid who got shot? No matter what kind of havoc these kids were reaking, that does NOT give this man the right to take the law into his own hands. They were in no way posing a threat to him, he was just annoyed with them. What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!

  4. #4
    edit: removed, pending approval
    Last edited by tombones; 05-17-2011 at 03:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EASTERBUNNY77 View Post
    Are you blaming the kid who got shot? No matter what kind of havoc these kids were reaking, that does NOT give this man the right to take the law into his own hands. They were in no way posing a threat to him, he was just annoyed with them. What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!
    In my view, at some point constant harrassment becomes terrorism and based on the information currently being released my sympathy lies with the people who live there. I feel very sorry that the homeowner was pushed to this brink. I hope that what comes out of all of this is better law enforcement up front. If those kids are repeat offenders they should have been in juvie already and this fiasco could have been avoided.

  6. #6
    Methodically disorganized hvp05's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northeast of you
    Posts
    14,393
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by EASTERBUNNY77 View Post
    What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!
    I am going to guess that the shooter aimed for the kid's leg, because his intent was to halt the harassment, not kill. If the shooter had wanted to do worse, he could have.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary; it's the stupid ones who need advice. -- Bill Cosby

  7. #7
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    74,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tombones View Post
    Here's the official statement from the Solomons Landing board, just received:
    Was that intended for public release? The email was sent to the S/L Residents.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  8. 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM

  9. #8
    Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    California, MD
    Posts
    12,971
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    In my view, at some point constant harrassment becomes terrorism and based on the information currently being released my sympathy lies with the people who live there. I feel very sorry that the homeowner was pushed to this brink. I hope that what comes out of all of this is better law enforcement up front. If those kids are repeat offenders they should have been in juvie already and this fiasco could have been avoided.
    They make buck shot, bird shot, snake shot...maybe it's time to start producing teen shot, possibly a new version of rock salt.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

  10. #9
    Registered User Taeobi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Solomons
    Posts
    179
    I hope this is a lesson for all the kids around here... stay the HELL OFF of people's property!!

  11. #10
    ...... Vince's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lusby, MD.
    Posts
    22,710
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    In my view, at some point constant harrassment becomes terrorism and based on the information currently being released my sympathy lies with the people who live there. I feel very sorry that the homeowner was pushed to this brink. I hope that what comes out of all of this is better law enforcement up front. If those kids are repeat offenders they should have been in juvie already and this fiasco could have been avoided.
    The guy just reached the point where he couldn't take the little chitz anymore. Although I wouldn't have shot anyone, I can't say as I blame him a bit.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

    The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |