Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

Quote Originally Posted by EASTERBUNNY77 View Post
    Are you blaming the kid who got shot? No matter what kind of havoc these kids were reaking, that does NOT give this man the right to take the law into his own hands. They were in no way posing a threat to him, he was just annoyed with them. What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!

He's not your kid, I hope?

To others who posted in support of my view, thank you!

Are you blaming the kid who got shot? No matter what kind of havoc these kids were reaking, that does NOT give this man the right to take the law into his own hands. They were in no way posing a threat to him, he was just annoyed with them. What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!
    how do you know that they were in no way posing a threat to him? You think they were just skateboarding quietly and he went and got his gun and shot them? I dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
    how do you know that they were in no way posing a threat to him? You think they were just skateboarding quietly and he went and got his gun and shot them? I dont think so
    You beat me to it.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    You beat me to it.
    Yes, these kids were not angels. This was an ongoing occurrence.

from the story, the shooter apprently said that he pepper sprayed the kid, then -as the kid was fleeing- he went into his house and got his gun, coming back out to shot the kid as he was trying to get away.

I am not defending the kids for their crime, trespassing or whatever it was, and i am all for pepperspraying them if they are that close, and even shooting them if the guy is in danger. But shooting someone, essentially in the back, as they are running away have never been OK.

as for the retailiation, from what i have seen of these kids the most you could expect would be minor vandalism. They seem like typical 'rebeling' teenagers, they want to eem tough, but they are really wusses

Quote Originally Posted by hvp05 View Post
    I am going to guess that the shooter aimed for the kid's leg, because his intent was to halt the harassment, not kill. If the shooter had wanted to do worse, he could have.
    Actually the report said he just took it out to scare them etc. So if he accidently shot him in the leg he could have "accidently" shot him in an artery and killed him.. JMO.

Actually the report said he just took it out to scare them etc. So if he accidently shot him in the leg he could have "accidently" shot him in an artery and killed him.. JMO.
    From what I've read, that report isn't completely accurate. There were 2 shots fired, not one.

Read the article.. he pepper sprayed him first, they ran away, then he went into his home and got his shotgun then shot at the kids leg as he was running away..sounds to me like this guy is a danger to society and needs to be taken off the street.

11. 05-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.