Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Wouldn't that be illegal anyway, discharging a firearm in a residential area? I did a few searches, only came up with AA and Montgomery Counties.
    maybe, also maybe what kom526 said as well... if anything maybe a noise ordinance violation...

regardless, it's a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by CalvertActiv View Post
    These brats are rude and disrespectful. They constantly harass people and the police never do anything. They say "I didn't witness it so I can't do anything". There are no penalties for these kids. Hopefully getting shot will teach them a lesson. Do you all remember when you were kids? We would never think of doing the crap these kids do.
    No, my parents would have kicked my ass from here to eternity if I even thought about doing crap like that. We were taught to respect our elders. These kids are the future criminals of Solomons and need to be treated as such. Their parents apparently didn't do their job. In their future, it will be up to the police and judicial system to do it for them.
    Last edited by Vince; 05-17-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by dustin View Post
    1st rule of gun safety: always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
    Arguably, the butt of some little punk is a 'safe direction'.

Dumb idea to take a gun to settle a nuisance issue such as skateboarders.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Arguably, the butt of some little punk is a 'safe direction'.

Dumb idea to take a gun to settle a nuisance issue such as skateboarders.
    Have to agree with you there. Call the police. Sooner or later the punks will get the message.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Dumb idea, reckless or what I still find it sad and alarming an old man felt pushed to the point of having to do such a thing. It sure sounds like he had no support from the law and he had enough. It is sad he was pushed over the edge... again if nothing else I sure hope it brings attention to the fact that something needs to be done when it comes to vandalizing, threatening troublemakers. People have a right to live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Have to agree with you there. Call the police. Sooner or later the punks will get the message.
    Well, the problem is that the police cant really do much.

You (or a rep of the management company / security guard) have to confront them and tell them to leave your property. In somewhat publicly accessible area, you have very little justification to detain them until the cops arrive. So if they rough up your place and threaten you but disappear before the police is there, you have pretty much nothing on them. Now if you know who they are and you have video surveillance/witnesses to proove what happened, you can go to the police / district court commissioner and file a complaint for criminal trespass. Even then, the juvenile justice system has bigger fish to fry and would close the cases after they tell them to pray 5 rosaries or something.

Wirelessly posted

Sounds like a certain neighbor of mine...
    The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -NGT

8. 05-17-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    Most of those condos and adjacent parking lots are way off the main road and are very secluded. If there were troubled teens in your back yard at night wouldn’t you feel threatened?
    I personally would call the sheriff's department. I sure wouldn't shoot at them unless they were trying to get in my door.

So the last one to run away got it

Or the slowest 15 year old. OK, so how old was the rest of the group. Any body ever been surrounded by a group of mouthy teenagers? Most are harmless, some are right rude, Some are dangerous. Some think they are the badest thing on this earth till the get the stuffings beat out of them.

The police I feel sorry for they have to play referee for the entire situation and be fair on both sides.
    JUSTME2

There was a time in this county, not so very long ago that kids would not think of doing these kinds of things for fear of getting shot at. Learn some respect or I'll teach it to you and if buckshot is the only thing you can understand then that's how you'll learn it. I am sick to death of the poor little punk victims.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.