15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

fish67

On May 16 at 6:05 p.m. units from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Solomons Landing Condominiums located in the Solomons Island area of Calvert County to investigate the report of trespassers. As Sgt. M. Hurlock was responding to the scene, he heard a single gunshot. Hurlock was then approached by an elderly white male, later identified as Charles Joseph Armiger, 66 of Solomons, holding a shotgun.

15 Year-old Victim of Shooting at Solomons Landing - CalvertNews.info - Calvert County MD News & Information

PJumper

On May 16 at 6:05 p.m. units from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Solomons Landing Condominiums located in the Solomons Island area of Calvert County to investigate the report of trespassers. As Sgt. M. Hurlock was responding to the scene, he heard a single gunshot. Hurlock was then approached by an elderly white male, later identified as Charles Joseph Armiger, 66 of Solomons, holding a shotgun.

15 Year-old Victim of Shooting at Solomons Landing - CalvertNews.info - Calvert County MD News & Information

May not be the best way to handle the situation, but sometimes you get frustrated with a rude and disrespectful teenagers. First they have no business being in that neighborhood if they lived there. Why bang on people's doors? Why be disrespectful to someboby pointing out the wrongs you're doing?

BTW, is this the same PHS student who got shot?

EASTERBUNNY77

May not be the best way to handle the situation, but sometimes you get frustrated with a rude and disrespectful teenagers. First they have no business being in that neighborhood if they lived there. Why bang on people's doors? Why be disrespectful to someboby pointing out the wrongs you're doing?

BTW, is this the same PHS student who got shot?

Are you blaming the kid who got shot? No matter what kind of havoc these kids were reaking, that does NOT give this man the right to take the law into his own hands. They were in no way posing a threat to him, he was just annoyed with them. What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!

Are you blaming the kid who got shot? No matter what kind of havoc these kids were reaking, that does NOT give this man the right to take the law into his own hands. They were in no way posing a threat to him, he was just annoyed with them. What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!
In my view, at some point constant harrassment becomes terrorism and based on the information currently being released my sympathy lies with the people who live there. I feel very sorry that the homeowner was pushed to this brink. I hope that what comes out of all of this is better law enforcement up front. If those kids are repeat offenders they should have been in juvie already and this fiasco could have been avoided.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
What would you say about this had the kid died from his gunshot? He should rot in jail!!
I am going to guess that the shooter aimed for the kid's leg, because his intent was to halt the harassment, not kill. If the shooter had wanted to do worse, he could have.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
In my view, at some point constant harrassment becomes terrorism and based on the information currently being released my sympathy lies with the people who live there. I feel very sorry that the homeowner was pushed to this brink. I hope that what comes out of all of this is better law enforcement up front. If those kids are repeat offenders they should have been in juvie already and this fiasco could have been avoided.
They make buck shot, bird shot, snake shot...maybe it's time to start producing teen shot, possibly a new version of rock salt.

Taeobi

I hope this is a lesson for all the kids around here... stay the HELL OFF of people's property!! :whistle:

Vince

:yeahthat: The guy just reached the point where he couldn't take the little chitz anymore. Although I wouldn't have shot anyone, I can't say as I blame him a bit.

PJumper

He's not your kid, I hope?

To others who posted in support of my view, thank you!

Manolo

how do you know that they were in no way posing a threat to him? You think they were just skateboarding quietly and he went and got his gun and shot them? I dont think so

thatguy

how do you know that they were in no way posing a threat to him? You think they were just skateboarding quietly and he went and got his gun and shot them? I dont think so

from the story, the shooter apprently said that he pepper sprayed the kid, then -as the kid was fleeing- he went into his house and got his gun, coming back out to shot the kid as he was trying to get away.

I am not defending the kids for their crime, trespassing or whatever it was, and i am all for pepperspraying them if they are that close, and even shooting them if the guy is in danger. But shooting someone, essentially in the back, as they are running away have never been OK.

as for the retailiation, from what i have seen of these kids the most you could expect would be minor vandalism. They seem like typical 'rebeling' teenagers, they want to eem tough, but they are really wusses

EASTERBUNNY77

I am going to guess that the shooter aimed for the kid's leg, because his intent was to halt the harassment, not kill. If the shooter had wanted to do worse, he could have.

Actually the report said he just took it out to scare them etc. So if he accidently shot him in the leg he could have "accidently" shot him in an artery and killed him.. JMO.

Taeobi

Actually the report said he just took it out to scare them etc. So if he accidently shot him in the leg he could have "accidently" shot him in an artery and killed him.. JMO.

From what I've read, that report isn't completely accurate. There were 2 shots fired, not one.

EASTERBUNNY77

Read the article.. he pepper sprayed him first, they ran away, then he went into his home and got his shotgun then shot at the kids leg as he was running away..sounds to me like this guy is a danger to society and needs to be taken off the street.