Changing demographics in SoMD 2000-2010

eons1006

A bit interesting....the black population goes up and the white population goes down. Things that make you go hmmm. :sarcasm:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Wow, amazing the shift in demographics in Chuck County. Looks like an invasion! Glad I left, but I'm scurd that I'm the next county down once Chuck County changes names to PG South. Oh no! What do I do...? :jameo::jameo::jameo:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Wow, amazing the shift in demographics in Chuck County. Looks like an invasion! Glad I left, but I'm scurd that I'm the next county down once Chuck County changes names to PG South. Oh no! What do I do...? :jameo::jameo::jameo:

You think Chuck is bad, roll over Loudoun, PW and Stafford Counties in VA. Talk about an invasion! :yikes:

TPD

the poor dad
It's the hispanic population I am worried about! :cds:

I'm moving to Mitchell County, Iowa...or Rock County, Nebraska...:whistle:

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I couldn't care less what color people are that live near me providing they are decent. Unfortunately, however, overdevelopment and other factors lead to lower housing prices, which allows lower income families (often undesireable ones) to move in, and causes homeowners to have difficulty selling and turn their units into rentals (often section 8). I predict many of the lower-end houses in the North Beach, Chesapeake Beach, and other areas of Calvert will continue to be moved into by lower income people from PG and Charles, and that the new townhouses in Chesapeake Beach and North Beach will be bought by many federal government workers. Hence, the demographics of Calvert County will also substantially change over the next 10 years. Get ready. It happen to Charles County and it will happen here.

I don't think anyone is complaining about decent, hard-working folks moving in. It's the thugs and criminal element and associated crime people are worried about. And if it is anywhere near DC, it WILL happen.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Pretty cool, the entire population of Calvert could fit in Fedex Stadium..88k

SMC isn't much better - and people wonder why we have Metrocast and not Comcast or Verizon FiOS.

I would also bet the demographics are wrong, I'd bet hispanic population is much larger then reported.

E

EmptyTimCup

my little square in PG:

Census Tract: 801411

Whites 7% down 25%
Blacks 65% up 5%
Hispanics 10% UP 332% :faint: