help! any news on this

D

dems4me

We are being evacuated for a bomb threat directed at our Firm -- anything in the news about this???? I have a cell phone with internet connections, I'll try to connect in a bit -- got to run fast! Entire Building evacuating

K

Kizzy

2 Senate buildings were evacuated this morning in D.C. with a report of smoke. :confused: I guess about 9:30 this morning, let me see if I can find a link.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Dirkson and Hart senate office buildings evac'ed....1245pm...from what I've dug up...

Otter

Nothing to see here
All clear, people started back in at 1:05pm..Don't think Dems works anywhere near those buildings....

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by otter
All clear, people started back in at 1:05pm..Don't think Dems works anywhere near those buildings....

Not sure either. I use to work at a firm at 18th & K Street and we were evacuated at least once a week for bomb threat. Maybe this is a common thing for Dem's. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure they were evacuated much earlier today. I know it has been hours since I heard the news. Unless they were evacuated twice today.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
So she was still in the building 30 minutes after it was evacuated? :dur:
She must have gone back to check the timer.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Ken King
Probably a ploy to get the afternoon off with pay.

I'm back (sorry guys I didn't blow up). Nobody knows what is going on -- there was a bomb threat called in for our firm and then they took a while to confirm everything with building security and then we had to check with our assignments to see if we could leave. Eventually while all of us were outside freezing they said our policy in place is that we could take an hour lunch and then return to see if there is any new developments. I'm back but most the people went home. My bosses don't want me to leave. By the way - it only took two seconds to post the thread - trust me if it had taken any longer I wouldn't have posted.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by IM4Change
Not sure either. I use to work at a firm at 18th & K Street and we were evacuated at least once a week for bomb threat. Maybe this is a common thing for Dem's. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure they were evacuated much earlier today. I know it has been hours since I heard the news. Unless they were evacuated twice today.

It is very common but not taken to this level ever before. Usually admin just sweeps it under the rug and doesn't let anyone know so there's no panic. Soo far still quiet - alot of unhappy attorneys because everyone took it upon them selves to go home... here's the email we received from managing partner...

"I understand that the Building Management has advised us that they have received a bomb threat. Anyone wishing to leave should feel free to do so."

It was ambiguous as to if we should leave for the day or leave the building temporarily.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Pete
:biggrin: Not me

here's what I just received from the building folks -- too bad I wasn't one of those that hauled tail out of here -- drats

A new announcement has been posted for The Warner:
------------------------------------------------------------
Bomb Threat

At approximately 12:02 pm we received a call that a bomb was in the building. Immediately, we called 911 and alerted our on-site security. MPD was here within 5 minutes and responded to the source of the call. Our on-site security, engineering, and parking services performed inspections of the common areas including the parking garage and loading dock (both of which were temporarily closed). MPD completed a police report and departed our premises indicating there is nothing further to investigate. As such, we are issuing an "ALL CLEAR". Further, all packages coming into the loading dock are being carefully inspected and no deliveries will be made without tenant confirmation of expected delivery. With regards to the garage, only monthly parkers will be allowed to enter. Lastly, unannounced visitors will not be allowed access without confirmation. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this situation.

Feb 13, 2004 1:44p
------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions regarding this announcement, please contact your Property Management staff.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by kwillia
:yeahthat: .... and this is breaking news... she stopped to start a new tread on it while the building was under evacuation. She will report in from her cell phone internet connection once she is in a safe zone. At least that's what I got out of her post...:confused:

couldn't hook up from cell phone -- cell phones were all jammed up. Sorry for posting the thread at all then.

I went to page two on our evacuation manual and it distinctly said -- immediately post a new thread to dorks in the sticks of sourthern maryland to see if they heard anything. Not implying y'all would actually be the ones making the bombs. I was just following policy protocol.... What was I thinking?!

The reason I did is because you guys seem on top of things so I thought I'd check you is all and we could put differences aside for an emergency situation. I guess I was wrong:frown:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by dems4me
couldn't hook up from cell phone -- cell phones were all jammed up. Sorry for posting the thread at all then.

I went to page two on our evacuation manual and it distinctly said -- immediately post a new thread to dorks in the sticks of sourthern maryland to see if they heard anything. Not implying y'all would actually be the ones making the bombs. I was just following policy protocol.... What was I thinking?!

The reason I did is because you guys seem on top of things so I thought I'd check you is all and we could put differences aside for an emergency situation. I guess I was wrong:frown:
It was only an emergency for you, not us.