Identify this snake!

royhobie

hobieflyer
Black Snake, harmless

No triangle head so not poisionous. black snakes are usually black, hence the name. He is on the rock beccause snakes, a cold blooded reptile lay on the rocks or in roads to obsord the heat. Cars tend to hit a few of them in the roads.

can someone please tell me what this snake is......
It was seen near Cunningham falls and ive seen a similar one near DC...

A few people who also saw it said it was a copperhead but It doesn't look like one?

It has faint markings on its back and anterior

pictures...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/2527/img1255l.jpg

THANKS!

I would say immature black snake, no way a copperhead because of the shape of the head.

Katt

Are you sure that's not a King snake? Another harmless one but not so harmless to black snakes. I thought King snakes had a checkard board belly? he might have that a little showing on the sides. I think King snakes kill black snakes. I've had 2 in my barnyard, doing their snakey thing the past two weeks! Nasty! I'll be glad when their breeding season is over.

Katt

Oops, my bad.... King snakes have a chain like pattern on them. Sorry I spoke too soon.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Are you sure that's not a King snake? Another harmless one but not so harmless to black snakes. I thought King snakes had a checkard board belly? he might have that a little showing on the sides. I think King snakes kill black snakes. I've had 2 in my barnyard, doing their snakey thing the past two weeks! Nasty! I'll be glad when their breeding season is over.

Neighbor had one on the roof of their house....zman pointed it out to them and she freaked out cause she thought it was going to bite her....said she had never seen a snake without a rattle before(she was born and raised in Arizona) :lol:

SLIM

You don't want black snakes around when you have pet birds...My son had a pair of Finches that had 3 babies, came home one night and found this snake in the cage and only the momma bird left... Nick's snake.jpg I thought the house was comming down the way he ran down the steps!