Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If you are right, we will never meet.

If you are wrong, we will never meet.

God Bless!

Epitath on an atheists tomb:

All dressed up an nowhere to go.

Coaster

I respect Atheists because they value life above all else as that is everything to them. An Atheist will not kill someone to gain favor with a 'god'. Ah, the good old days of the Cold War; an enemy that feared death.
Of course we must consider deaths caused by Atheists Pol Pot(1.7 million), Joseph Stalin(23 million), and Mao Tse-Tung(49 million, low estimate).
So it looks like if there is not a belief in 'God' then someone will be glad to act as one. Allow me to modify my first statement: I respect Atheists in the United States.

McGinn77

If you are right, we will never meet.

If you are wrong, we will never meet.

God Bless!

Epitath on an atheists tomb:

All dressed up an nowhere to go.

You probably meet Atheists every day and don't even know it. I'm an average guy with a wife, job and house in the suburbs and unless you asked you'd never know I was one. We aren't secret, evil people out to get you. The only time I care about a person's religion is when they use it as an excuse to harm others or infringe on their rights.

Epitaph on an atheists tomb:

At least I lived my life to the fullest and didn't worry so much about what happens after.

:larry:

McGinn77

I respect Atheists because they value life above all else as that is everything to them. An Atheist will not kill someone to gain favor with a 'god'. Ah, the good old days of the Cold War; an enemy that feared death.
Of course we must consider deaths caused by Atheists Pol Pot(1.7 million), Joseph Stalin(23 million), and Mao Tse-Tung(49 million, low estimate).
So it looks like if there is not a belief in 'God' then someone will be glad to act as one. Allow me to modify my first statement: I respect Atheists in the United States.

They were all Communists, and in Communism the state serves as God. They aren't true atheists. And in any group you're bound to have some bad people.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Nobel laureate Steven Weinberg

Last edited:

Starla

hmmmm i seem to remember the Columbine shootings. Those killers were self -proclaimed atheists who hated all Christians and wanted them dead. Colorado is a state in the USA. Pretty sure I could come up with many examples, but sleep is calling me -work comes early. Peace out man!:patriot: :elaine:

Starla

You probably meet Atheists every day and don't even know it. I'm an average guy with a wife, job and house in the suburbs and unless you asked you'd never know I was one. We aren't secret, evil people out to get you. The only time I care about a person's religion is when they use it as an excuse to harm others or infringe on their rights.

At least I lived my life to the fullest and didn't worry so much about what happens after.

Nice to know there is an after though, and its much better than this one!

McGinn77

hmmmm i seem to remember the Columbine shootings. Those killers were self -proclaimed atheists who hated all Christians and wanted them dead. Colorado is a state in the USA. Pretty sure I could come up with many examples, but sleep is calling me -work comes early. Peace out man!:patriot: :elaine:

There are bad people in any group, I know you're responding to someone else but just to chime in bad people aren't governed by geography. Also, many of there actions lead me to believe they were claiming to be atheists but weren't really. Won't get into details unless asked but it's just a thought.

Last edited:

McGinn77

that was a random post dude -with no quote.

My point was, a) Atheism isn't equal to Secular Humanism (the thread being about Atheists and b) Secular Humanism is not the same as a religion since one of the core principals of Secular Humanism is that there is no god.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I know and love many an Atheist and Agnostic! :diva:

They were all Communists, and in Communism the state serves as God. They aren't true atheists. And in any group you're bound to have some bad people.

Maybe I have it all wrong, how do you define Atheist?

There are bad people in any group, I know you're responding to someone else but just to chime in bad people aren't governed by geography. Also, many of there actions lead me to believe they were claiming to be atheists but weren't really. Won't get into details unless asked but it's just a thought.

I'm askin'.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And the only time I care about atheists is when the Michael Newdows come along and try to infringe on my right to freely exercise my faith.

I did all this for nothing.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

PsyOps said:

And the only time I care about atheists is when the Michael Newdows come along and try to infringe on my right to freely exercise my faith.

I did all this for nothing.

I looked up Michael Newdows (never having heard tje name before) and found his Wikipedia article (can't link URL; I'm on my iPhone, sorry :smile:). He's "an atheist and an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church"?? Uuuuh...pardon my ignorance but...how does that work? :lol:

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge." ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
He's "an atheist and an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church"?? Uuuuh...pardon my ignorance but...how does that work?
Universalists believe in respecting ALL belief systems, even when two conflict. If you pray to a grand deity, a group of deities, the earth or nothing at all they are willing to accept you.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Universalists believe in respecting ALL belief systems, even when two conflict. If you pray to a grand deity, a group of deities, the earth or nothing at all they are willing to accept you.

That sounds like a pretty difficult relationship to me. How could you ever take me sincerely if you come to me with questions about praying to your God and you knowing my answer is not from my heart because I do not believe your God is even there.