Beaches in Calvert County?

aisasami

I am looking for a free, decent beach in either Calvert or St. Mary to take some kids from Spain this Friday? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I am looking for a free, decent beach in either Calvert or St. Mary to take some kids from Spain this Friday? Any suggestions?

Free?????? Dont think so.....
Execpt to hike down the trails at Calvert Beach State Park in Lusby....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

There is a small beach on Solomons across from OLSS, Greenwell State Park in Hollywood has a small one, along with hiking trails. If you have base access, both Solomons and Pax have nice beaches. Chesapeake Beach has one and a water park. Ranch Club has a couple of beaches.

aisasami

There is a small beach on Solomons across from OLSS, Greenwell State Park in Hollywood has a small one, along with hiking trails. If you have base access, both Solomons and Pax have nice beaches. Chesapeake Beach has one and a water park. Ranch Club has a couple of beaches.

I do have base access but are they strict with the guest policy like Andrews can be at times?

Is the Chesapeake Beach a public access one too? The problem is that I am from Charles (and I don't think we have any beaches) and the prices for the waterpark is too much for our budget.

Last edited:

musiclady

Try Point Lookout State Park. They had a beach, and when I lived there it was free. Don't know if it still is.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Try Point Lookout State Park. They had a beach, and when I lived there it was free. Don't know if it still is.

Not any more. They are trying to price out the undesirables that have started to frequent the parks over the last couple of years.

FED_UP

She asked for a beach...not a pool....and free...not $$$$$.
The POOL is not the BEACH.

Have you ever heard of alternatives; the main thing is to get there hot asses in cold water, she said cost was an issue and wants free, but she did not say how much either. See your one of those people that follow the crowd and don't think out of the box, she might change her mind who knows. Thanks for your 2 cents :howdy:

Bonehead

How about

Elms beach south of the base and I think still free. Lots of Bay beach and no jellyfish yet.

lak

Breezy Point

Breezy Point Beach, not free but reasonable. Brownies Beach in Chesapeake Beach is very narrow, not sure if it is still free. Link to Breezy Point:

Breezy Point Beach & Campground

My daughter just came back from Spain and LOVED the beaches. I don't think our quaint beaches in Calvert County can compare.

Enjoy!

calikid

If your active military or retired or DoD then you can use the Solomons Navy Rec Center beach which is free, its nice, has two gaurds, and boats for rent.

dan0623_2000

The beaches at the Ranch club are not open to the public. Only dues paying property owners and residents are allowed to use them.

Did one Monday. The people that were stopped and putting their money in the box gave me dirty looks when we both ended up at the turn around.:killingme

By the way Frog Pond Beach is the best. Not free, but not expensive. You can find sharks teeth there and swim.