Lost Phone

T

tito

So I put my phone on the trunk of my car to get something out of the back...and now it's somewhere between Town Creek Drive and Chick-Fil-A. If one of you kind forumites come across an Android that looks like it's been bounced across the payment, can you let me know, please?
:cds:

Many thanks...

glhs837

Power with Control
So I put my phone on the trunk of my car to get something out of the back...and now it's somewhere between Town Creek Drive and Chick-Fil-A. If one of you kind forumites come across an Android that looks like it's been bounced across the payment, can you let me know, please?

Many thanks...

Let me guess, you didn't have a finder app loaded?

RPMDAD

https://www.mylookout.com/

For others with Android phones. Also for Blackberries and Windows phones. Basic functions you need, phone finder and anitvirus, thats free.

:yeahthat:

Agree glhs837, i am amazed at that some people that have these high end phones that don't have some really basic free apps on them. My cell phone is so old it doesn't even have blue tooth on it. I kid with some of the kids i work with and tell them my cell phone is so old it has rotary dial on it and they always ask what is rotary dial. Wife and sonster have droids and laugh at me. However i work in the computer field all day, have a laptoptop with verizon wireless access and have access to 6 computers at home. I strictly use my cell phone for inbound and out bound voice comm.

TPD

the poor dad
I'm always amazed at the number of people that have to have their phone in their hands at all times until they set it down somewhere to use their hands for something else....I don't feel sorry for anyone that loses a phone, or drops it in the water, or runs over it, or drops it in the toilet, or.....

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
https://www.mylookout.com/

For others with Android phones. Also for Blackberries and Windows phones. Basic functions you need, phone finder and anitvirus, thats free.

Hmmm. Just a few weeks ago people were complaining that Facebook and Google were capturing the whereabouts and travels of their subscribers. Now there's an app that not only tracks where you cell phone goes but what apps are on it and what data is being uploaded and downloaded to the cloud. Curiouser and curiouser.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unless you disable the GPS, the phone is doing this (reporting its location to the net) anyway. And of course, all apps tell you right up front what they access. The only question is if you decide you want access to the data. Same for apps, I'm sure a subpoena could get that info, of course, I don't know who would care who knows what apps they have on a phone.

Saw a case out of Washington from 2007. Lady left home, disappeared without a trace. 8 days the hunt went on, cops were all over the husband, coverage on local news, etc. Just gone.

Finally, after severe legal wrangling, police were willing and able to get the last reported location data from her cell phone. Was less than 15 miles from home, on her normal route. Pulled a comprehensive search, found her car off into the vegetation off the side of the road. She was barely alive, but she was. Trapped in that car for 8 days. No food, no water. If her husband had has this tech, she would have been found that night.

L

letmetellyou

I'm always amazed at the number of people that have to have their phone in their hands at all times until they set it down somewhere to use their hands for something else....I don't feel sorry for anyone that loses a phone, or drops it in the water, or runs over it, or drops it in the toilet, or.....

That's because you are an old di@*head who can't keep up with technology.

Many thanks...

Did you try walking down the road occasionally calling that number and listening for a ring?