Public defender?

TPD

the poor dad
Do ya think someone can get a fair shake from a public defender for a DUI offense?

PrepH4U

Do ya think someone can get a fair shake from a public defender for a DUI offense?

Does it have anything to do with one of your previous posts? :whistle:
Today, SMC Deputy on a motorcycle with radar, Indian Bridge Road, (which by the way has a posted speed limit much lower than what the road is designed for) on the shoulder, under the shade tree, out of site - WTF!? And did you know those motorcycles have lots of storage for flares, zip ties, breathalyzer devices, laptops, guns, etc...?

dave1959

Yes, but you may have to do your homework. You may have to investigate some cases that were similar to yours, and you may have to be firm about refusing to accept offers for plea deals that come across the table. The public defender is going to be eager to sell you out in my opinion because he or she has bigger and better things to deal with. However, you don't have to accept plea deals that come your way. My guess would be that the longer you hold out and the closer you get to your actual trial date (even the day of), the sweeter your plea deal is going to be. Still, that doesn't mean that you don't want to fight your charge. Like I said, be prepared to do some research and perhaps even help formulate your own defense, because a public defender may not be willing to get involved in the case as much as hired counsel.

Your answer is a contradiction. If you have to "do your homework", What is the public defender doing ?? Is'nt that his job ?