Keep an eye on the weather

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Glad I'm in for the night! Thing2 and I did a visit to DC today and we had gorgeous weather for it!

MrX

High Octane
Warning until 7:45.

Local Weather Alert

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Calvert County, MD

until 7:45 PM EDT, Sun., Jul 03, 2011

Issued by The National Weather Service
Baltimore/Washington, MD

Sun, Jul 3, 2011, 6:49 PM EDT

Local Radar Map

Updated Jul 3, 2011, 6:55pm EDT

... A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 745 PM EDT FOR CALVERT... PRINCE GEORGES AND ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTIES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA...
AT 646 PM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM KETTERING TO ANDREWS AFB TO FRIENDLY... MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.
LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... UPPER MARLBORO... DAVIDSONVILLE... MARLTON... LOTHIAN... SHADY SIDE... OWINGS... CHURCHTON... DEALE...
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM. IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH... PREPARE IMMEDIATELY FOR DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING. MOVE INDOORS TO A STURDY BUILDING AND STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

G

Gemmi

Missed us by about 10 miles. Wasn't looking forward to more storms after being waken up early this morning by them.

RPMDAD

Starting to get ugly here in mid Huntingtown, heavy wind gusts and dark skys with lightning right now to the NE . They may end up canceling the FW tonight at the R+R.

MrX

High Octane
Starting to get ugly here in mid Huntingtown, heavy wind gusts and dark skys with lightning right now to the NE . They may end up canceling the FW tonight at the R+R.

Chesapeake Beach is getting hit right now.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
dark with heavy winds, temp drop & thunder in distance here in North Beach. Fireworks may not happen. Raining now...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's gotten pretty dark, I've heard some thunder - but no rain here in PF, yet.

RPMDAD

All show and Blow here rain has stopped and didn't really get much at all, roads and driveway are already drying up. still dark and lightning to our east.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Everything is very wet here, still hear some thunder rumbles. Radar on wunderground shows another batch headed our way but not as big as this one. No idea if fireworks have been cancelled or not but I'd be really surprised if they fired them off tonight. I would imagine that barge got pretty wet and I'm sure they're watching the radar just like I am...

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I do believe that they are going to fire off the fireworks at CB at 9 if I am understanding the scanner correctly...