Sad

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
This forum had potential to be a place of enlightenment and uplifting. It has become a place of bashing and trashing. Jesus must be so proud. :sarcasm:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
This forum had potential to be a place of enlightenment and uplifting. It has become a place of bashing and trashing. Jesus must be so proud. :sarcasm:

Yep, I take leave of absences from it every now and then for the reasons you mention. I check back in now and then whenever I need a good dosage of there is only one truth :killingme

Toxick

Splat
Welcome to the internet.

You've been around long enough. Why the surprise now?

Seems like a valid observation to me regardless of how long the observer has been around.

It was not meant as news.

It was meant as an observation.

And one I happen to agree with.

And for the record, the bashing and trashing has increased dramatically over the past, say, two years or so. The debate here has always been.... lively ... but the past few years it have been uglier than before.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
And for the record, the bashing and trashing has increased dramatically over the past, say, two years or so. The debate here has always been.... lively ... but the past few years it have been uglier than before.

Really? I think there has been considerably less bashing and trashing over the last 2 years.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Really? I think there has been considerably less bashing and trashing over the last 2 years.

I guess everything is relative :lol:

Toxick

Splat

Perspective I guess.

A lot of the "bashing" or at least hostile debate used to be between atheists and Christians, and now it seems the hostilities have shifted to Catholics vs. Fundies. And IMO, the debate is much more snide, mean-spirited and in general uglier than it was.

I used to enjoy debating in here. You and I have had more than one encounter here back in the olden days. And although some of those debates were less than cordial, I don't think any of them could be construed as mean or ugly. Nowadays, I avoid posting around here unless something really piques my interest. It's just not fun or interesting any more. It's just a bunch of:

You worshp a false Jesus :lalala:
We were here first :lalala:

Its useless, pointless and worthless fingerpointing and hostile rhetoric any more.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Perspective I guess.

A lot of the "bashing" or at least hostile debate used to be between atheists and Christians, and now it seems the hostilities have shifted to Catholics vs. Fundies. And IMO, the debate is much more snide, mean-spirited and in general uglier than it was.

I used to enjoy debating in here. You and I have had more than one encounter here back in the olden days. And although some of those debates were less than cordial, I don't think any of them could be construed as mean or ugly. Nowadays, I avoid posting around here unless something really piques my interest. It's just not fun or interesting any more. It's just a bunch of:

You worshp a false Jesus :lalala:
We were here first :lalala:

Its useless, pointless and worthless fingerpointing and hostile rhetoric any more.

You don't know what you're talking about :smack:

:biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I must have missed the thread with the bashing and trashing.

I thought you got banned from this forum a long time ago. :lol:

Religion and politics always brings out a lot of hate and discontent. Been that way even before Al Gore created the internet. :jet:

Pete

Repete

Religion and politics always brings out a lot of hate and discontent. Been that way even before Al Gore created the internet. :jet:

I thought Al Gore invented God

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I thought Al Gore invented God

You know, as much as I dislike Al Gore, he never actually said he invented the internet. He did, however, in his political office, provide a lot of funding and legal foundation that helped make it possible.

Heck even Kleinrock, did not even really invent the internet, or G-d.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Since they have each created a thread about this, 2A and hotcoffee should create a new forum for their kind of discussion.

Things have been considerably quieter recently since Scallion and libby have been MIA and Starman and onel fade in and out.

I'm sure things will change again eventually since, like the people who participate, a forum never follows a straight and steady course.

Christy

b*tch rocket
You know, as much as I dislike Al Gore, he never actually said he invented the internet. He did, however, in his political office, provide a lot of funding and legal foundation that helped make it possible.

Heck even Kleinrock, did not even really invent the internet, or G-d.

Oh good heavens. It was a joke. A ha ha, a hee hee. Pull the pole out Mrs. Giant. :neener:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Oh good heavens. It was a joke. A ha ha, a hee hee. Pull the pole out Mrs. Giant. :neener:

Ummm, okay. I didn't realize I had one.

It's just a lot of people, who don't know any better assume that he really said he invented the internet by himself and perpetuate false information. Sorry you got so offended by me pointing that out. :shrug: