Tidewater Vet

hairtodo

Just wondering how everyone feels about Tidewater Vet. I recently had to use there services for an emergency for my old dog. Normally I go to Prince Fredrick Animal Hospital but since my normal vet was out of town and I live only 5 min away from Tidewater I decided to go there. I was EXTREMELY disapointed with the front desk staff and I thought the techs were very rude and I thought the office its self was very dirty. I guess I feel spoiled at PFVH they truly have great cust service and are very reasonable as far as prices, They just really act like they care about you and your pet. Dont think I will ever go back to Tidewater again

General Lee

Eh, I'm kinda on the same page as you. Been going there for years and thank goodness its just for the basic shots and checkups. I have always felt the front desk can be rude and unprofessional and yes, the place is filthy. I most likely won't be returning. There are a couple decent vets there IMO but because I just need annual shots for the pets I just go there for convienence.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Good to know, I was thinking about moving my GSD there from Waldorf Animal Clinic since it is only a few miles away from my house. I guess not now.

Katt

I have found them all to be very professional there and are very aware of how much treatment costs, so they'll work with you and do only as needed tests, not run a hosts of tests to run up a bill. They are very honest and down to earth ppl. It's an old building and if a little less shine on the floor is your criteria for a good vet office, go on and pay for it! I've always found the front desk to be very professional, so unless you've tried to walk in for an appointment or came in with an attitude, I can't imagine them being rude.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
I went there one time with my now 10yr old cat to get her declawed when she was 6months old. The front desk staff was rude and it was filthy dirty in there. The vet who took her back was super rude. He took me in the back with him and boy was it not a sight to see. Filthy dirty no a/c or heat back there where animals had to stay. Also the dogs never got to go out for potty breaks either as a few of the cages I walked past were loaded with poop and pee and the dogs had to basically sit in it because they didn't clean it up.

I marched back into the office less than 5min from taking my cat in and picked her up after they upset me by picking my cat up by the head and throwing her in the cage as she has pinkeye. I then took her to my regular vet and they declawed her for me and they made sure she got tons of tlc as they could tell I was really upset. I told them about the whole experience and there jaws dropped.

red_explorer

awesome

I have always been extremely satisfied with them. They are very professional and courteous!!! Never had any problems with the front office staff either. I drive over an hour to get to them, past three other vets I would never visit....they've taken care of my personal animals, as well as livestock, and help out just about all of the 4h'rs in the county. They show my critters love and affection, and my guys love to go there!!! Dr Runde, Dr Parks, Dr Lisas, and Dr Benedict are all fantastic vets, as well as wonderful people!!!!

As far as the charges...first of all, they are posted on the wall in every room. Secondly, I have always found the vets to be EXTREMELY accommodating as far as payment. Finally, they were very understanding, and worked with me to find the best and most realistic options for several of my animals when they were sick.

I have been to Prince Frederick as well, for an emergency several years ago. The only one at Prince Frederick I would ever deal with was Dr Dorsey.

Last edited:

red_explorer

attitude

I have found them all to be very professional there and are very aware of how much treatment costs, so they'll work with you and do only as needed tests, not run a hosts of tests to run up a bill. They are very honest and down to earth ppl. It's an old building and if a little less shine on the floor is your criteria for a good vet office, go on and pay for it! I've always found the front desk to be very professional, so unless you've tried to walk in for an appointment or came in with an attitude, I can't imagine them being rude.

I think you probably hit the nail on the head...attitude.

krb

Have three GSD's seen there AND a litter of puppies. I've been satisfied. They have been very good to me with an emergency during whelping (as in came in at 7 am and charged me very little).

It is an old building, but I have not found it to be dirty.

Front office staff has always been very nice as well.

Thats why there are lots of vets--we can all find the one that is right for us!

puggymom

I used them for both of my dogs since 2005. I have never had an issue with them. There is one vet there that bugs me but it for a stupid reason so I do not let it get to me too much.

ginwoman

I used them for both of my dogs since 2005. I have never had an issue with them. There is one vet there that bugs me but it for a stupid reason so I do not let it get to me too much.

Puggy, you have my curiosity up. What's the "stupid reason"?

ginwoman

Has anyone used Well Pet Clinic? I understand they're cheaper than most vets but I don't think they're hours are very extensive. And I don't know a thing about the vets. I go to Three Notch and really like them but can't get out of there ever for anything under $50....usually much more.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Has anyone used Well Pet Clinic? I understand they're cheaper than most vets but I don't think they're hours are very extensive. And I don't know a thing about the vets. I go to Three Notch and really like them but can't get out of there ever for anything under $50....usually much more.

I take my animals to well pet for shots, getting fixed, and heartworm/flea stuff. Three notch is where I take them for sick visits. I love three notch to pieces but they are pretty pricey so I reserve them for when someone is sick. Saves me cash that way.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I went there one time with my now 10yr old cat to get her declawed when she was 6months old. The front desk staff was rude and it was filthy dirty in there. The vet who took her back was super rude. He took me in the back with him and boy was it not a sight to see. Filthy dirty no a/c or heat back there where animals had to stay. Also the dogs never got to go out for potty breaks either as a few of the cages I walked past were loaded with poop and pee and the dogs had to basically sit in it because they didn't clean it up.

I marched back into the office less than 5min from taking my cat in and picked her up after they upset me by picking my cat up by the head and throwing her in the cage as she has pinkeye. I then took her to my regular vet and they declawed her for me and they made sure she got tons of tlc as they could tell I was really upset. I told them about the whole experience and there jaws dropped.

If you had a regular vet, why did you take your cat there to begin with?

ginwoman

I take my animals to well pet for shots, getting fixed, and heartworm/flea stuff. Three notch is where I take them for sick visits. I love three notch to pieces but they are pretty pricey so I reserve them for when someone is sick. Saves me cash that way.

I understand completely. One of my dogs is due for rabies shot so I plan to take him to the fairground next Monday evening.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
If you had a regular vet, why did you take your cat there to begin with?

only reason i took her there is smawl gave me a voucher for 50.00 off the cost of the declaw. mind you i didn't use it after i walked in and saw what they were all about and how they treated the animals.

I will NEVER recommend anyone go to them

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
A co worker of mine used to work there before coming to my office. The reason she quit- the on call vet allowed a dog to die in the parking lot because she was late for a party. Never hear anything good about them from their former clients either, but then again that's why they are FORMER clients.

Christy

b*tch rocket

:yeahthat:

PFAH nearly killed a puppy I'd gotten from the pound. Not to mention they always try to con you into treatments and procedures that are completely unnecessary (and pricey). The vets at Tidewater saved his life. Tidewater has always been very good to my animals. I'll never use anyone else but Tidewater.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I cannot speak for the hours at the clinic in St Mary's county but:

The newly opened Calvert Well Low Cost Spay/Neuter/Well Pet Clinic located in Huntingtown is open for Wellness exams, shots, tests, microchips and nail trims from 2-8 PM on Thursdays. Appointments are necessary.
They offer low cost spay and neuters for cats, kittens, puppies and dogs under 60 lbs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

To make an appointment for either service, call 443 295-7873

KDENISE977

I've had very little experience with that place, but when I was there, I found it terribly unprofessional to have their own dog/s walking around the office. My dog had a blown ACL and being a large dog was already hard to walk, not helping when they have a large dog walking around their office coming toward my injured dog...big mistake, and I even told my normal vet about my experience their and he couldn't believe they let animals walk around un-leashed with an office FULL of pets?? I also thought it was dirty !!

JUST MY OPINION, I may be spoiled b/c my vet comes to my house. And I have used the Well Pet Clinic in Calvert to get my dog neutered and chipped, I thought they were great and it's also my vet who does the neutering/spaying their, she is great !

belvak

Happy Camper
We've been taking our kitties to Tidewater "forever" and I have never had any trouble! Everyone has always been nice/professional, and the doctor's have all been great! So what if the building is a little old and frayed around the edges??? It's the care that counts, and our kitties have always had good care from them.