U.S. stocks drop; Obama urges compromise on debt

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
LINK

"NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — U.S. stocks slid on Friday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average headed toward its worst week in a year, as Congress prolonged the uncertainty over the nation’s debt ceiling.

“The debt issue is hurting the economy,” said Aaron Smith, senior economist at Moody’s Analytics. “Confidence is dissolving more rapidly than the data and markets would suggest.”

Thank you GOOPERS!

bcp

In My Opinion
They sent a plan to fix the problem to the senate. Was it marked up and sent back or just trashed?

... what is Obama's plan for fixing the problem?

obamas plan for compromise is for the republicans to just agree with giving him a bunch of money no questions asked.
Cant see why those nasty congressmen refuse to do this. obama looks like an honest guy.
Deep down I think its racist based. they just dont want to give the poor black man any money

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
“The debt issue is hurting the economy,” said Aaron Smith, senior economist at Moody’s Analytics. “Confidence is dissolving more rapidly than the data and markets would suggest.”

Thank you GOOPERS!

not the debt limit but the debt.
The problem is the debt, why is that so difficult to grasp?

Do you think the best way to reduce drunk driving is to raise the legal limt or to drink less?

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
not the debt limit but the debt.
The problem is the debt, why is that so difficult to grasp?

Do you think the best way to reduce drunk driving is to raise the legal limt or to drink less?
A whole bunch of Americans seem to think that making drugs legal is the only way to reduce the number of illegal drug users.
Its not really hard to see how they could vote for obama considering they most likely spend their life toked up.

CrashTest

Boehner just passed another bill a few minutes after 6:00. When talking about the budget and the debt, he's the only one who's ever gotten anything passed.

Charles Krauthammer...

The Senate "the killers"
Obama - "the talker"
Boehner - "the leader"

BOP

obamas plan for compromise is for the republicans to just agree with giving him a bunch of money no questions asked.
Cant see why those nasty congressmen refuse to do this. obama looks like an honest guy.
Deep down I think its racist based. they just dont want to give the poor black man any money

I heard an otherwise rational, reasonable woman of AA descent at work today say exactly that: "The republicans must really hate Obama!"

I was just like, "w-o-w!"