We Pave Asphalt & Paving

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just a buyer beware thread...

Was approached in my driveway at about 2:00 this afternoon by a representative of this outfit. Seemed like a nice enough guy. He explained that he was paving a driveway down the road from me and that he had extra millings he would like to use up on another job, if was interested in having my drive paved.

He told me that they would scrape the drive, put down the millings and then roll them out and do something else, that I have since forgotten about. I asked him what kind of money we were looking at. $850.00. I chuckled and my :bs: flag went up even more.

I told him that he had just missed the septic and plumbing company that had just left after putting in an all new drain field since mine was ruined in the last storm when the tree went down and I have no money. He asked if I would take his card so I can call them in the future when I decide to have it done. Okay.

After closer inspection of the business card, there is no address, lisence or bonding numbers. Hmmm... so I try google searches. The phone number prefix is a toll free number and didn't trace back to anyone or business. No businesses popped up with that name either. Checked BBB, but without a location, nothing popped up. Checked the MD Case Search and there is a local contract case against the name that is on the card for $650.00 filed last month.

Hmmm... fly by night scammers?

This is personal opinion...

Last edited:

acker5678

Thank you WE Paving! You came to pave my neighbor's driveway and wound up using my lawn as your staging area. Neither you nor my neighbor asked permission to use my property and then you left the grass torn up - along the whole length of the lawn. By the time I got home from work, the damage had been done. And, being a woman of short stature, I did not feel safe asking the workers to move their equipment off of my property. The only thing I'm happy about is that I got to see what your paving work looks like. My neighbor's driveway was poorly done. Won't be a customer of yours. Ever. Thanks for trespassing. Thanks for leaving a damaged lawn behind.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thank you WE Paving! You came to pave my neighbor's driveway and wound up using my lawn as your staging area. Neither you nor my neighbor asked permission to use my property and then you left the grass torn up - along the whole length of the lawn. By the time I got home from work, the damage had been done. And, being a woman of short stature, I did not feel safe asking the workers to move their equipment off of my property. The only thing I'm happy about is that I got to see what your paving work looks like. My neighbor's driveway was poorly done. Won't be a customer of yours. Ever. Thanks for trespassing. Thanks for leaving a damaged lawn behind.

What area are you in? Sorry about your lawn.

OldHillcrestGuy

Ive been seeing their trucks alot around Charlotte Hall, and New Market lately. Very nice clean looking equipment especially the dump truck. They might be getting their asphalt from the plants there on Rt. 5 behind the post office and that might be why Im seeing them alot.
When Ive seen their trucks go by, Ive wondered where they all of sudden came from.

acker5678

Follow up: Got an email from the company saying I should have called the number on the truck and they would have moved their equipment. Can hardly believe that this business owner would not take responsibility for his actions. I wasn't even a customer. They just used my property without asking. Also, he did not make any mention of repairing any damages, either. I wouldn't want them anyway. Who knows what they would have left behind? Looks like there are plenty of other reputable paving companies in the area that people have written about in the forums. Hire them instead.

PeoplesElbow

Follow up: Got an email from the company saying I should have called the number on the truck and they would have moved their equipment. Can hardly believe that this business owner would not take responsibility for his actions. I wasn't even a customer. They just used my property without asking. Also, he did not make any mention of repairing any damages, either. I wouldn't want them anyway. Who knows what they would have left behind? Looks like there are plenty of other reputable paving companies in the area that people have written about in the forums. Hire them instead.

Wow I guess this happens fairly often. I know someone who had problems with someone parking heavy equipment on his property. He owned a bulldozer himself so he used it to push all of their heavy equipment together so that it was all touching other pieces and he welded all of their equipment together.

Mr_Bond_Got_Em

I had some issues early on with these guys, they paved our driveway. Eventually it was all handled and we were happy, but it took a lot of complaining and was kind of sketchy throughout. They are licensed I believe, just go door to door using the ole' we have some extra from a job up the road sales pitch.

Roman

Wow I guess this happens fairly often. I know someone who had problems with someone parking heavy equipment on his property. He owned a bulldozer himself so he used it to push all of their heavy equipment together so that it was all touching other pieces and he welded all of their equipment together.
Was he arrested for that? It seems he went above & beyond what the average person would do.

PeoplesElbow

Was he arrested for that? It seems he went above & beyond what the average person would do.

He lived way out in BFE, there was no proof that he was the one who did it.

He could have easily dug a big hole and made it disappear all together, he buried many old cars and even a school bus that was on his property when he got a notice from the county that they had to be removed.