The O discusses "dysfunctional government"

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Obama sets sights on rural America to talk jobs
The former Illinois senator is expected to tell audiences that he agrees with their frustrations about a dysfunctional federal government.

"What we've seen in Washington the last few months has been the worst kind of partisanship, the worst kind of gridlock — and that gridlock has undermined public confidence and impeded our efforts to take the steps we need for our economy," Obama said Thursday in Michigan. "It's made things worse instead of better."
Only this time, Mr. President, the dysfunctional government is yours. :coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I go back and forth thinking he truly believes he's not a huge part of the problem and, the obvious, he isn't very good at this leadership thing.

So, he's either delusional or...just isn't very good at this leadership thing.

:tap:

bcp

In My Opinion
I go back and forth thinking he truly believes he's not a huge part of the problem and, the obvious, he isn't very good at this leadership thing.

So, he's either delusional or...just isn't very good at this leadership thing.

:tap:

The way I see it is that he and the democrats want to expand social programs.
the republicans do not want this put on the backs of the "rich" and they dont want to see taxes raised to cover it in an election year. So, the Republicans are going to sink their feet in to keep the administration from spending in this way, and the dems in search of the poor and minority vote are going to sink their feet in until the spending and taxing are accepted.
No compromise. and right now, when it comes to new or increased spending, I tend to agree with the republicans that it is time to stop. We just cannot afford to keep paying others to have an easy and free life at the expense of the workers.

Now, if I get a couple thousand dollars a month in the mail box for me to spend, I could reconsider.. J/K

bcp

In My Opinion
The O discusses "dysfunctional government"

Isnt that like a drunk guy leading a tour of the rehab center?

SamSpade

I didn't see him making many overtures for bipartisanship.

When you're beyond convinced of the rightness of your position, you're not going to compromise even an inch. That was certainly true of the Tea Party but it was also true of the Democrats last month.

So I conclude he still has the Pelosi definition of bipartisanship - "do it my way". When people DON'T do that, they're being "partisan".

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I didn't see him making many overtures for bipartisanship.
You must have missed or forgotten this during the health care struggle: "You want to repeal health care? Go at it. We'll have that debate. You're not going to be able to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget."

And during a budget debate, there was this: "You guys want to have this debate? We're happy to have that debate. We will have the debate on the floor of the Senate or the floor of the House. Put it in a separate bill. We'll call it up. And if you think you can overturn my veto, try it."

Surely you see how well he plays with others. :coffee: