Gowdy: ‘Impossible to Conceive’ Holder Not Aware o

E

EmptyTimCup

:popcorn:

Gowdy: ‘Impossible to Conceive’ Holder Not Aware of Gunwalker

Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) tells PJMedia: "I want to know the day when U.S. law enforcement knew, or should have known, that this had gotten out of control."​

Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) told PJMedia last week that it is possible Attorney General Eric Holder wasn’t aware of Operation Fast and Furious, but:

As things started to go south, I think it’s impossible to conceive he wasn’t briefed in on it.

Gowdy, who aggressively questioned ATF Special Agent William Newell at a hearing of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform last month, takes issue with whether the investigation was ever going to work in the first place:

I’m not sure I know any more than I did before the hearing; in some ways I know less.

I still have a lot of buddies in law enforcement and they’ve never heard of these investigative techniques, and they ignored all the ones I’m familiar with.

Gowdy contended in the hearing that Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) should have interrogated the first straw purchaser they knew for a fact had sold guns to the cartels. He repeated that sentiment:

When the first gun was recovered in Mexico they should have been pulling people in.

One to question was perhaps Uriel Patino, whom the ATF knew had purchased more than 700 guns illegally. USA Today is reporting that 157 are known to have fallen into the hands of the brutal Sinaloa cartel.

When a gun dealer asked the ATF for guidance when Patino placed a special order for 20 weapons of which the dealer only had four in stock, he was told:

“Our guidance is that we would like you to go through with Mr. Patino’s request and order the additional firearms,” ATF Supervisor David Voth wrote the dealer in an Aug. 25 e-mail.

Even though agents knew then that guns allegedly purchased by Patino had been showing up at crime scenes in Mexico and the U.S.A., Patino was allowed to walk away that day.

:shocking:

Gowdy also said Gunwalker is far more serious than people may imagine:

If we didn’t have a debt crisis in this country this would be getting a lot more attention than it is. There’s no way this turns out well for the administration. I just can’t imagine anyone dumb enough to think you could keep this a secret.
:killingme

Pushrod

Patriot
The ATF needs to be disbanded. This country worked well long before that agency was ever formed. Since the inception of the ATF they have been burning women and children alive and snipping mothers holding their infants.

E

EmptyTimCup

The ATF needs to be disbanded. This country worked well long before that agency was ever formed. Since the inception of the ATF they have been burning women and children alive and snipping mothers holding their infants.

:confused:

I thought that was the FBI's Lon Horiuchi who took that shot ....... charged with manslaughter then dropped over a procedure fight

Manslaughter Charge

In 1997, Boundary County, Idaho Prosecutor Denise Woodbury, with the help of special prosecutor Stephen Yagman, charged Horiuchi in state court with involuntary manslaughter over his killing of Vicki Weaver. The U.S. Attorney filed a notice of removal of the case to federal court, which automatically took effect under the statute for removal jurisdiction[10] where the case was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge on May 14, 1998, who cited the supremacy clause of the Constitution which grants immunity to federal officers acting in the scope of their employment.[2]

The decision to dismiss the charges was reversed by an en banc panel of the Ninth Circuit, which held that enough uncertainty about the facts of the case existed for Horiuchi to stand trial on state manslaughter charges.[2] Ultimately, the then-sitting Boundary County Prosecutor, Brett Benson, who had defeated Woodbury in the 2000 election, decided to drop the charges because he felt it was unlikely the state could prove the case and too much time had passed. Yagman, the special prosecutor, responded that he "could not disagree more with this decision than I do."[11]

The Ninth Circuit granted Boundary County's motion to dismiss the case against Horiuchi on September 14, 2001.[12]

and Politicians wonder why people do not trust the Gobberment

Horiuchi should have been in jail the last 20 yrs

he was also @ Waco ........ and might have fired some shots there as well ....

Waco

On 13 September 1993, Charles Riley, a fellow FBI sniper deployed during the Waco Siege claimed that he had heard Horiuchi shooting from Sierra 1, an F.B.I.-held house in front of the compound holding eight snipers, including Horiuchi and Christopher Curran on 19 April 1993. Riley later retracted his statement, saying that he had been misquoted, and that he had only heard snipers at Sierra 1 announce that shots had been fired by Branch Davidians.[7]

Three of the twelve expended .308 Winchester shell casings that the Texas Rangers reported finding in the house were at Horiuchi's position. However, officials maintain that they could have been left behind from the earlier use of the house by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives snipers on February 28, 1993, and that it would be "nearly impossible" to match them to Horiuchi's rifle, as it had probably been rebarreled since that time.[8]

Pushrod

Patriot
It was FBI's sniper who actually took the shot, but if I remember correctly it was an ATF operation gone bad when they tried to purchase a shotgun that was a little shorter then normal. So it was the ATF's original operation, so their fu(k-up, no matter who ended up pulling the trigger.

E

EmptyTimCup

It was FBI's sniper who actually took the shot, but if I remember correctly it was an ATF operation gone bad when they tried to purchase a shotgun that was a little shorter then normal. So it was the ATF's original operation, so their fu(k-up, no matter who ended up pulling the trigger.

yes you are correct, a failed AFT Operation, who lied to the Marshals Service about Weaver, and when siege started, FBI Hostage Rescue Team Snipers with misguided ROE who took the shot killing Weavers Wife

I know Wiki is not the best source for things, but the entire AFT Operation was wacko from the start ...... with Agents lying / CI's lying