Benedict Bridge...

Hessian

Does anyone know if that "rennovation" is on schedule? I recall our esteemed leaders telling us that it will take 7 months to complete. Knowing that they started in April and are not quite 1/2 done....we got a little scheduling problem here.

Correct me if I'm out of line here but I believe the Army Corps of Engineers could have replaced the entire bridge by now!!!! Instead, we have
Pedro and Fernando with their scrubbing toothbrushes.
:bandit:

The whole thing reaks of mismanagement.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
There's still a banner/sign just north of Solomons, in the south bound lane of Route 4 which says "Carpenters wanted... Must have own tools and transportation" which is a solicitation for bridge workers. That may be another indicator.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I do know they have switched the side of the bridge they are working on - so that is some progress, right?

Improvement???

I've driven across this bridge three or four times the past coupla months. I couldn't tell what was completed and what was original.

It looks like they are chipping out the old concrete and leaving the original reinforcing rods. Then they pour in new concrete. The quality of the new roadbed looks as though they hand troweling the whole thing.

I'll avoid Benedict bridge even when the work is completed. I'm sure it won't be a smooth ride.

Hessian

The north side has not been touched (neither the railing or the concrete) The South Side still looks about 3/4 done....

If you're stuck heading over to Charles County...read the Bronze plate on the Calvert side Railing: They give dates for construction...I'd be interested to know how long it took to build the whole thing.

I have to commute over it and There is no way they will make their 7 month projection: Try 1 year or more.

K

Kizzy

This is the one thing Maryland is famous for. We seem to be the capital of the United States when it comes to road construction. What really makes me mad and is when I drive by these construction sites, there are 4 people standing there watching 1 guy work. No wonder are state is in financial crisis. :bubble: