Town Creek

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So far they seem to have gotten the worst of it. And DesertRat has the worst damage I've seen so far.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
So far they seem to have gotten the worst of it. And DesertRat has the worst damage I've seen so far.

Route 5 is the worst I have seen. My SIL had over 20 trees down in the yard. Two on the house and three across the driveway in Redgate. Had to drive over downed lines on the way back. Very scary. Makes me glad to just not have power. Posting from the truck while enjoying the air conditioning at full speed.

DR just dropped by as he was making rounds. He's got one tree on the house that needs professional removal, maybe a crane, another took his deck out. From talking with him, sounds like my streets and his got hit about the same.

belvak

Happy Camper
DR just dropped by as he was making rounds. He's got one tree on the house that needs professional removal, maybe a crane, another took his deck out. From talking with him, sounds like my streets and his got hit about the same.

Oh no!! That really sucks!!! At least he is okay!! And, you too!!!! :huggy: Hearing about how bad some people got hit, we basically had no damage! Some limbs, lots of leaves, and one big tree in the woods! Nowhere near the house. My thoughts are with everyone who has bad damage!!!

Jameo

What?!
Lots of trees down and up rooted in my hood. Several on homes, vehicles and power lines :ohwell: Sounds like everyone is ok thank goodness

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

All of Town Creek looks like a war zone. My friend is on Poplar and she had a bunch of large trees come down - I had to park at the end of the road and walk to get to her because fallen trees were blocking the road. Then I went on a tour of the whole area and everywhere roads were blocked.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My uncle had his company in WW and I think TC today working and his oldest boy said WW was the worst he has ever seen, which includes Isabel, and Ernesto.

Pete

Repete
I stopped by and saw desertrats, I could take care of that in a day with my super tractor! Ok I am lying, its bad

D

DainBramaged

I use to live in Town Creek, drove through there today after hearing on the scanner all the trees down, it was unbelievable...I lived there previously and drove by my old house and it had a tree through the house. Through.. not on top , it was in the living room and many down in the yard.

TLS

Some parts of Town Creek really look like a tornado went through it. I was shocked when I drove out to get gas for the generator yesterday morning.

My arms are SO sore from chainsawing yesterday. A bunch of us systematically attacked the trees blocking the roads on Spruce and Chestnut. It was a bunch, and they weren't little things.

Power is still out, and probably will be for a few days yet. Generator is running. I got this generator when hurricane Gloria came thru NY. It's been a real workhorse for years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some parts of Town Creek really look like a tornado went through it.

That's what I thought but DR said he didn't hear anything that sounded like a tornado. But the damage looks very much like a tornado.

Your neighbor across the gully has a big tree on his house.

That's what I thought but DR said he didn't hear anything that sounded like a tornado. But the damage looks very much like a tornado.
The damage on Indian Bridge looks like a tornado as well. Tremendous amounts of trees down many in a row as if they were dominoes.

Your neighbor across the gully has a big tree on his house.

Saw that. Not much we could do to help him. We did remove the two trees across the road at the end of his driveway. And the one next to my driveway. And the one by the Chestnut intersection. And the next 4 on Chestnut....

Saw that. Not much we could do to help him. We did remove the two trees across the road at the end of his driveway. And the one next to my driveway. And the one by the Chestnut intersection. And the next 4 on Chestnut....

Driving down your street is like a slalom course! Get back out there! Some of those trunks stick about 4 feet into the road way. You could poke an eye out.