Question for "animal lovers"

bcp

In My Opinion
If you are not vegan, why?

Do you only love certain animals? and if so, why is it different to love the animal you love and not other animals.
For instance, how can you chastise someone for not liking cats, while you bite into a burger?

Either you love animals or you don't. Put your money where your mouth is and stop eating meat to show your love.

unless of course you are hypocrites, then by all means, kill one but save another.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Do you only love certain animals? and if so, why is it different to love the animal you love and not other animals.
For instance, how can you chastise someone for not liking cats, while you bite into a burger?

Either you love animals or you don't. Put your money where your mouth is and stop eating meat to show your love.

unless of course you are hypocrites, then by all means, kill one but save another.

Deer...annoying and tasty

Rabbits...annoying and tasty

Cattle...boring and tasty

Pigs...dirty and tasty

Fish... Fun to catch and tasty

My Yellow Lab loves me

Need I give you more?...

bcp

In My Opinion
Deer...annoying and tasty

Rabbits...annoying and tasty

Cattle...boring and tasty

Pigs...dirty and tasty

Fish... Fun to catch and tasty

My Yellow Lab loves me

Need I give you more?...
I dont recall you trying to take the high road on animal rescue and love.
for the record, I dont have anything against eating meat.
I dont, but, my choice, not my mandate for others.

bcp

In My Opinion
I am curious why those in a position to respond and clear this up, have been unable to do so.

Manolo

I am a hypocrite

I love my dog but I dont want to eat him.

I do on the other hand love to eat cows.. MMM cooowwwwww MMMMmmoooo

bcp

In My Opinion
I am a hypocrite

I love my dog but I dont want to eat him.

I do on the other hand love to eat cows.. MMM cooowwwwww MMMMmmoooo

at least you are an honest hypocrite,,

but, I dont recall you spouting being an animal lover before either, so no foul on your part.. or should I say, no fowl..

DQ2B

This question is completely idiotic...:crazy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I dont know, Im not the one claiming to be an animal lover while eating the steak

I was sorta hoping you could answer it.

Who ate the steak? I thought we were talking about cats and chickens? Did someone say cats taste like chicken? :cds:

bcp

In My Opinion
Who ate the steak? I thought we were talking about cats and chickens? Did someone say cats taste like chicken? :cds:

We are talking about meat. Animal flesh.. But Im glad you dont eat cow based products.

but you know that.
Now dont try to cloud the issue, I am honestly looking for the answer here..

puggymom

Are you taking about PETA people or people who believe animals should be treated humanely?
In general I would rather pay more for food than know it came from a cruel source. Like I only buy cage free eggs. In could not care less about the organic part but the cage free part. I probably am a bit hypocritical though because I do not know where my beef comes from but I love a good steak. I hope the cows are treated well but I guess I do not know for sure and that makes me a hypocrite.

bcp

In My Opinion
Are you taking about PETA people or people who believe animals should be treated humanely?
In general I would rather pay more for food than know it came from a cruel source. Like I only buy cage free eggs. In could not care less about the organic part but the cage free part. I probably am a bit hypocritical though because I do not know where my beef comes from but I love a good steak. I hope the cows are treated well but I guess I do not know for sure and that makes me a hypocrite.

It does not make you a hypocrite.
nothing wrong with eating meat,, if my grill is going I'll throw one on for you.

and PETA people are fricking nuts,, just for the record.

Beef by the way is not treated well.

Shooting a feral cat with a .22 is much more humane that the way meat is processed.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It wasn't a smart question. Why would an animal lover have to be vegan? Why isn't vegetarian good enough. Dairy doesn't kill cows.

I love animals although I don't consider myself "over the top". I eat meat, mostly poultry and seafood and on a very rare occasion a steak, or pork. We are animals and are made to eat meat and vegitation. Given how are "guts" are made, mostly vegitation.

In our society it's not acceptable for animal lovers or animal haters to eat "pets". In other countries they don't bat an eye at eating, cats, dogs, or even bugs. In other countries cows are sacred.

A lot of animals eat meat, it's nature. If I was a vegetarian because I loved animals and didn't want them harmed wouldn't it make even less sense seeing as a lot of the animals I love are carnivors themselves.