Let's say "thank you to this soldier" tomorrow!

Restless

This was posted on Facebook, and I have copied it here. Let's welcome this brave young soldier home. I'm going to be there and are hoping you will too.

Today, I met Mary Getscher, who is from St. Mary's County, Chaptico to be exact. In talking to her I was immediately drawn to her and what she had to say. Her son Lcpl. Thomas C. Getscher(Cody), who is only 20 years old was seriously injured this past June 18, 2011 in Afghanistan when he stepped on on an IED. His injuries included losing both legs below the knee and an arm. Through the grace of God Cody will be coming home for a short visit this weekend with his family. Mom mentioned that she just wanted to do more for him and one thing has led to another.

If you could please let the public know that anyone and everyone is invited to welcome Cody home and show their support for him, his family, and all our service men and women this Saturday, September 3, 2011 between 12-1 p.m. as they drive from the Nice Bridge through the round-a-bout at Chaptico. Bring your family, friends, and flags.

The family does ask that there are no visitors at their home so that they can enjoy Cody and he can relax a bit before he returns to rehabilitation. Again, anything you can do to help spread the word would greatly be appreciated. I feel this is the absolute least we can do as a community for the sacrifice that these men and woman are making daily for us!

homedepot20

If I still lived in MD , I would be there! I still have many cousins & friends living in St Mary's I going to contact . :patriot: