Outage map - final stretch!

John Z

if you will
Since my power came back on Monday, it has been enjoyable to keep the SMECO outage map (SMECO Outage Map) up and refresh it to see the progress. It is really cool that they are down to 46 outages right now! :buddies:

It was over 1000 this morning. Hope everybody out there is back up by midnight!

smurfgirl

I wish Metrocast was as efficient as Smeco. I still don't have any cable, phone or internet. The cable line is laying in the field next to my house:(

I wish Metrocast was as efficient as Smeco. I still don't have any cable, phone or internet. The cable line is laying in the field next to my house:(

:yeahthat:

SMECO ROCKS! :yahoo: I can't believe that they accomplished what they did in less than a week!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:yeahthat:

SMECO ROCKS! :yahoo: I can't believe that they accomplished what they did in less than a week!

SMECO and the the other teams that came into town have ROCKED!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

And that also goes for the tree teams that have come to assist!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

terbear1225

I know nothing about it but is it possible that metrocast has to wait for the power to be completed? do they share the same poles?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know nothing about it but is it possible that metrocast has to wait for the power to be completed? do they share the same poles?

My power has been back on since Tuesday. I called Metrocast to let them know that my power was back on.

I have had both MetroCast and my Verizon DSL. But I also live on a former main road.

I wish you both the best. :yay:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I want to thank the SMECO folks and also all the volunteer firemen, neighbors etc for clearing the roads and being neighborly.

SoMdDude

Wow 1 person w/o power still in 20603 where I live..glad I was not that 1! lol Smeco has done a great job imo

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Yeah, they're down to 3 total now. One person in Lusby (probably in CRE) and two in California.

Wow, that's amazing! There's been one particular person in CRE bashing them on pretty much every post SMECO puts on FB to give updates. Wonder if they saved her house for last? :killingme

I've been really impressed with all the hard work and long hours they, and the other companies brought in, have put in to get us all restored. The amount of damage throughout somd was insane. It's great to see so many people giving them praise.

belvak

Happy Camper
Hubby and I took a ride over to Fredericksburg this morning, and there was a caravan of Pike trucks heading south over the Harry Nice bridge! I'm glad those guys are able to head home to their families after helping those of us in SOMD get our power back. Kudos to everyone who had anything to do with helping others out during the storm, and the aftermath!!! :buddies: