My trees in my neighbor's yard

Suzette

Fan Dancer
My neighbor and I are receiving help removing downed trees from our yards thanks to Leonardtown Baptist Church. Yesterday, my neighbor called me to our shared fence and asked me where I'd like my wood!!! I told him I didn't understand as Church Volunteers and coming in the next fews days to cut up all the downed trees and place them on the street for St. Mary's Co to pick up. My neighbor told me he had to plant grass today so he'll be chucking wood over our shared fence into my yard. Is that allowed...........to throw "my wood" over the fence into my yard??? Just wondering. So, when I see him outside today returning my wood, I'm going to take my dollie into his yard and offer to take "my wood" to the road for pickup. I don't understand why this guy can't wait for the Church Volunteers to come by and take care of all this wood. Thanks for letting me vent.:cds:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Where do you live? I will be happy to come take that wood off your hands for you.

Your neighbor seems unreasonable to not wait a few days for the volunteers, but I suppose he's entitled to plant grass whenever he pleases. I guess the community camaraderie of the hurricane is over. :ohwell:

sm8

Its nice of the Church Volunteers to come help but if you are just sitting there waiting for him to start throwing over the fence to go out with a dolly and move it, why not take the initiative and go do it now? If you are capable of doing it yourself I am sure there are many more who are unable to do for themselves that would love for the Volunteers to get to them quicker.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Suz, sorry you live next to a douche. (But not as bad as another friend's neighbor :whew:) Just offer to help him bring the wood to the curb since tossing the wood over the fence is asinine move. It's not like you notched the trees to fall in his yard.

Last edited:

sm8

My neighbor and I are receiving help removing downed trees from our yards thanks to Leonardtown Baptist Church. Yesterday, my neighbor called me to our shared fence and asked me where I'd like my wood!!! I told him I didn't understand as Church Volunteers and coming in the next fews days to cut up all the downed trees and place them on the street for St. Mary's Co to pick up. My neighbor told me he had to plant grass today so he'll be chucking wood over our shared fence into my yard. Is that allowed...........to throw "my wood" over the fence into my yard??? Just wondering. So, when I see him outside today returning my wood, I'm going to take my dollie into his yard and offer to take "my wood" to the road for pickup. I don't understand why this guy can't wait for the Church Volunteers to come by and take care of all this wood. Thanks for letting me vent.:cds:

Besides, I was unaware that St. Mary's Co is doing curbside pick up. I know there are several drop off locations and the St. Mary's Landfill is accepting Hurrican related item for free until the 11th (i believe that is the correct date)

kom526

Its nice of the Church Volunteers to come help but if you are just sitting there waiting for him to start throwing over the fence to go out with a dolly and move it, why not take the initiative and go do it now? If you are capable of doing it yourself I am sure there are many more who are unable to do for themselves that would love for the Volunteers to get to them quicker.

Our very own forum air show! :whoosh:

kom526

Besides, I was unaware that St. Mary's Co is doing curbside pick up. I know there are several drop off locations and the St. Mary's Landfill is accepting Hurrican related item for free until the 11th (i believe that is the correct date)

Roadside Collection will be continuing for the next several weeks. This collection only includes yard-waste debris such as logs, limbs, stumps, brush, leaves, etc. Deposit the debris along County-maintained roadways, and a crew will be able to remove the material. This is NOT a scheduled curbside collection program, and will be done on an as-needed basis.

bcp

In My Opinion
get a voodoo doll, print the neighbors name on it, then cut its little voodoo legs off with the chainsaw.

Dont forget to swing the dead chicken around your head while doing it.

and say the magic words while performing the act.. (Die you ignorant bastard)

Suzette

Fan Dancer

I'd be doing it right now if I could, but he hasn't cut the trees into pieces yet.......they are still huge intact trees. If they were cut up, I'd be over there right now taking them to the curb. My neighbor is in Waldorf now looking for something for his chainsaw.

OH...........The Volunteers are here. Yahoooooooooooooooooo! I'll going out right how to help them with my tree mess!

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I believe that, in the eyes of the law, you are not legally responsible for any damage to his property caused by a tree that fell due to an Act of God. Had you been felling it with a saw and it went into his yard, you would be on the hook for damages.

Ideally, people would be civilized enough to discuss it before resulting to rudeness. Were it me, I would have allowed him to put the logs back on my property.

I've already removed several of my neighbor's trees that fell onto my side of the line and piled the wood on my property -- hoping to find some folks that need some free firewood.

I do have one neighbor who cut his tree down and then threw his wood on my lot so he wouldn't have to deal with it, but he is an idiot.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If somebody was tossing their logs over a fence so they could plant grass, I'd toss them back after he planted

Wenchy

Hot Flash
The county did come by our neighborhood this morning and picked up all the tree limbs piled next to the street. The actual cut hardwood (red oak) is up for grabs.

(St Mary's County)

Can't imagine why. :lol:

I take it back, they are only 20"

Please take her some of ours as well. :lol:

Mmmmm, no thanks.:lo:

The county did come by our neighborhood this morning and picked up all the tree limbs piled next to the street. The actual cut hardwood (red oak) is up for grabs.

(St Mary's County)

Yep they were here today and yesterday. Looks mostly done except for a few side streets. I also saw them in Wildwood and a couple other places. The Muslims? Not so much. Guess they don't do trees in the desert. Oh wait some live here don't they? Well, huh?